The last GNX

granatl

TRCM Author
I regularly attend car shows with my Camaro friends. Once in a while, I'll take the GN instead of my Camaro, so not everyone has seen it. This past Sunday, some of my friends from Pittsburgh got to talking about how a client of theirs was the owner of the last GNX -- the very one you see signed in the Kirban books. I guess he "recently" sold it for something like $200,000+. Sooooo envious! Small world.

I saw GNX #547 a few years ago in a car show at Englishtown, NJ. and here are a few pictures of it. When reading the window sticker, you see that the car was sold at North Side Buick Co. in Pittsburg, PA and the manufacturer's suggested retail price was $29,290. BUT... there was a special dealer added sticker pushing the price to $40.000! :rolleyes:...what a ripoff! :mad:
Dsc_0027.jpg
Image3.jpg
Image6.jpg
Image5.jpg

Claude. :)

Buick tried to buy it back from owner for full price and a brand new Reatta but owner didnt buckle. Now a new collector owns it. Could be at BPG in August....

I remember HOT ROD had a little note back then about one of them selling at auction for $80,000
Not a great investment IMO.

I also remember seeing a daily driven one that was somewhat already beat back in the '90's

Also went to look at one with my friend with 20k miles for $20k that came with an extra turbo..
He should have bought it but didn't..

I regularly attend car shows with my Camaro friends. Once in a while, I'll take the GN instead of my Camaro, so not everyone has seen it. This past Sunday, some of my friends from Pittsburgh got to talking about how a client of theirs was the owner of the last GNX -- the very one you see signed in the Kirban books. I guess he "recently" sold it for something like $200,000+. Sooooo envious! Small world.

Are you talking about the last Grand National as opposed to the last GNX? The last Grand National was signed by many of the assembly line workers as it rolled down the assembly line in Pontiac.

Are you talking about the last Grand National as opposed to the last GNX? The last Grand National was signed by many of the assembly line workers as it rolled down the assembly line in Pontiac.
He's talking about the last GNX. I can assure you the last Grand National is still sitting in Louisiana as I type this. I just talked to the owner a couple of weeks ago and he didn't mention a recent sale. I saw the car again in person a few months back while Andrew Filippone, Jr. was in town filming a segment of the GN Documentary.