The KEVINS technique works!!!! 1.6 60 ft =WOW!!!

Vader 87

Licensed
Just push the brakes till you feel a "stop point" then keep pushing hard past that and i launched with 14 psi of boost....i was going to get a jumper valve kit but no longer need it.
I did this on my last 2 runs and netted a 1.6 60ft then a 1.71 60 ft. :D

OMG!!!!
I even see it in WRITING!!! Now as long as the system doesn't crash, it'll be archived forever!!

HEE HAW!!

:D:D:D

Congrats Jason!!!
ks

Just as Jason mentioned above.. Push the brake pedal until it hits the "stop" then keep pushing past the stop about an 1" or so..

I can hold over 13psi with street tires and easily over 15psi with slicks with still factory type brakes. No big cylinders or shoes., etc..

ks:cool:

Hey KEVINS, you got the slugmaster system still or vacuum brakes? I have vacuum brakes on my GN and as far as I can tell your technique does not work on my ride.

well I can launch at 12-13 PSI but the tires say no as soon as I roll about 2 feet. lot's of spin.

With slicks or sticky streets? Spinning after you get 2 feet out can be the suspension set up.. I may be able to help;)

ks

Launching with that much boost and good traction with a low 11 sec car would create a problem with air pockets under the front tires wouldn't it?

hi-boost launches

Read Bruces thread "Strengthening 200-4R". Major statement:heat kills,those high boost launches w/stock D5 will kill your tranny!!! Already did it,buy a stall,leave w/less boost and get better 60fts. 12" 2800 dropped my 60ft to 1.75 leaving @1psi from stock D5 12psi launch(using foot brake&E-brake)and 1.8's.
1.75 on BFG DR,1.8's on M&H Racemasters 591 soft compound at same track;) .
Best friend has a 68 Firebird and pulled 2.1 60fts on my DR w/stk conv,went to a 10" B&M and went 1.9. Foot braking the stk conv to 2000rpm(max w/out tire spin)=2.1/1200rpm w/10" and flooring it=1.9/you can foot brake 3200 but it blows off the BFG's;)
1.6 w/D5 is great,my tranny would have died a week after I bought my car if I knew yalls trick back then!!!!!!!! I thought 10-12psi on the line was good!!!!!!!!
Check out my car pic!

I'm going to fression up the trans next spring then trying running synthetic in it. I know the benifits of syn motor oil so I am going to try syn tranny fluid. If they make it..:confused:

Anybody know where I can get some? I don't think I have seen it at the local Target.

ks

It worked for me last night i left with 6psi and best 60' was 1.82 and droped from 12.80@108.5 to 12.65@106.5 with 275 50 15 bf drag's.

Its a hot air motor:D

Kevin, Summit carries Redline Syn. Jegs has Royal Purple. I got some castrol Syn. Tranny fluid one time at Advance Auto Parts but haven't been able to find it there in a long time. Or find an Amsoil dealer they should carry it too.

Napa Auto Parts carries Royal Purple as well!

I use it in the Motor, Trans and Rear End!!