The idea shifter

rarperformance

It'll go or it'll blow
What aftermarket shifter are you guys using? I'm want to put one on my GN project. Please post pics. Thanks.

DSCN3233.JPG
B&M carbon fiber here…

Claude ;)
DSCN3233.JPG

Last edited:
I had to mod the shifter a bit. Removed a few rivets to switch a mounting bracket to a different side. I centered the shifter between the stock mount pads. I cut off cable mount for clearance them mounted the adapter provided to use stock cable to the shifter with rivets to keep prospers cable length The consol had to move back about an inch. Drilled new holes on stock console mounting pad in rear. Made a mount to attach to new shifter to mount console in the front

The shifter is the camaro console version of the quick silver. I purchased the additional t handle

That looks great!

Since I let the car do the 1-2 shift and I plan to do the 2-3 myself I've been thinking about figuring out a way to modify the shifter gate to stop the shifter from going past 3 to overdrive. I just want to bump it at the track with zero concentration. Too much else going on to worry about missing 3rd. That's next on my agenda.

I run the B&M pretty simple install. I even use the stock cable with a home made extender.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442508365.099653.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great!

Since I let the car do the 1-2 shift and I plan to do the 2-3 myself I've been thinking about figuring out a way to modify the shifter gate to stop the shifter from going past 3 to overdrive. I just want to bump it at the track with zero concentration. Too much else going on to worry about missing 3rd. That's next on my agenda.
....................I took the horse shoe bracket out of my factory console shifter the big U shaped thing and marked which notch in it was 3rd or the drive position and put a deep notch in it so that when you bump it from 2 to drive the pawl will catch in it and keep it from overshooting to Overdrive....... works like a champ and takes about an hour to do...... you must use something like a 4" electric angle grinder to cut the notch because the wear surface on that horseshoe is hardened to prevent wear........It is a very simple mod that works great.......once you take it apart and visualize what I am talking about you will see it......

B&M Megashifter. I love it. Ratchet action makes it so easy. Especially with a reverse manual valvebody on a 400. It also works with forward pattern 200. I customized it by grinding and polishing off the B&M logo. Also, I added a chrome tube up the back to run my wires and an additional switch for something I haven't installed yet. I built it into the console with a little patience.
IMG_0088.JPG

....................I took the horse shoe bracket out of my factory console shifter the big U shaped thing and marked which notch in it was 3rd or the drive position and put a deep notch in it so that when you bump it from 2 to drive the pawl will catch in it and keep it from overshooting to Overdrive....... works like a champ and takes about an hour to do...... you must use something like a 4" electric angle grinder to cut the notch because the wear surface on that horseshoe is hardened to prevent wear........It is a very simple mod that works great.......once you take it apart and visualize what I am talking about you will see it......

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Simple and effective.

Bobs84ttype...would you happen to have the part number for that shifter? I love how short the handle is but apparently, there are several quicksilver console editions for camaros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk