The free ride is over

I would buy music if it was sold for a fair price.

19.99 is way to high for 1 CD!

Heck, even 9.99 is as well

I think a CD should cost about 5 bucks and when that happens (Never I guess) I will consider buying CD's new oncer more.

The Patriot Act....

I'm ambivolent about it. These spineless cowards we call terrorists see our Nation's vulnerabilities and attack us there.

They are willing to use the latest technology to make their plans and train new cowards in the art of cowardly attacks against the "great satan".

Because the cowards use the latest in technology, its easy for them to stay a step ahead of our FBI and CIA and Military and other govt intelligence agencies. These agencies need some slack here. The invasive aspects of the Act will end in a couple years, by law.

As long as the new powers of the Feds are not abused, I can hang on for a while until these thugs are found and eliminated :)

If these powers are clearly abused, then, those who abuse them should be fired and barred from ever serving the govt again.

About music via the internet....

Ways to share music will continue to evolve with each iteration of govt prohibitions. Meaning, just like computer viruses, new ones are continually coming out to outsmart and circumvent current countermeasures. Invention will likely stay a step ahead of the law on this ;)

I remember seeing a Dvoak article that tracked the sale of CDs before and after the shutdown of Napster. There was a large (40%?) drop in sales of music that followed the closing of Napster. Of course it didnt have anything to do with the closing, I mean no one actually goes out and buys a CD after they hear a few songs off of it for free :rolleyes:

Dave

RIAA...

...what a bunch of jokers they have over there.:rolleyes: Any law suit these guys try to bring into court to try to sue an individual they have no proof did the actual downloading or sharing of the music will last about 5 seconds in court. :D I can't wait to see the first case were these jokers, get laughed right out of the court room. Also pulling personal info, from an I.P address buy contacting a isp provider will violate your privacy rights, since you can check yes or no, when the isp will ask you if you want your private account info, to remain private. If you checked no, you could sue your individual ISP for releasing your info, without your consent.

Why didn't Sony Records sue themselves in the 1980's when Sony (As well as dozens of other manufacturers) were selling millions of dual cassette boom boxes, and home system tape decks? They still sell them at circuit city.

These big companies come out with all of their advanced software and hardware technology, and it is just fine, but when normal people like ourselves develope something even more advanced, it is frowned upon. It's unconstitutional if you ask me.

That's ok though. My friend and I have around 100 Gigs of music anyway. LOL!!!

Ross