THDP install info?

Tow Man

First time installing THDP. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start?

Any typical problems with waste gate puck?

I'm also concerned with breaking a bolt in the turbo when removing the stock elbow. Is this a common problem and any suggestions to avoid this?

Sorry for all of the questions. I just want to be prepared before I start!

Thanks

First SOAK all the bolts with some WD40 over night to loosen them up. Installation should be straight forward, just unbolt the old down pipe first then remove the original elbow, remove the orignal cat. Bolt on the THDP to the turbo housing and slip on the test pipe and bolt the test pipe to the exhaust. I never had a problem with the THDP puck sticking.

Thanks for the info! It looks very simple and straight forward. I just wanted to make sure there are no other mods that need to be done along with the install!

A couple more things; If you can get car high enough to take orginal down pipe out from bottem side it will save some time. Getting the cat off can be a pain, if your not planning on cutting old down pipe. But you may need a lift or a pit to do this. Also after new thpd is installed, plan on starting over with tune. Turn the boost down and bump fp a couple psi. I just put mine on a few weeks ago, had a lean and knock issuse. I had to increase fp by 4 lbs to get my O2s back in line.

vic, it fits like a dream! no problems

i just put it in my car last week, let me know