Tell me what you think

malibuick231

Tell me what you tink about this. This is where im putting my i/c. I was going to let the top of it stick through the fire wall. It is going to be alot of work to do this and before I put alot of time in it I wanted to see what people think.

Attachments

• IMG00005-20100505-1953.jpg
    IMG00005-20100505-1953.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 971
I think that is not your HVAC unit.
Looks like a homely place for a Air to water intercooler plus I see a bowtie.

looks good to me. looks like it will be easy to work on with it that way opposed to it being tucked under the dash.

The bow tie covers are to keep from scratching my sheet metal valve covers up till I get done. If I put the i/c in like that it will let me keep the glove box because I need a place to keep my tag reciept.

looks good to me... anytime you can keep the insides more stock looking and functional the better :cool:

Believe it or not this is more of a street car I just want it to be fast as hell at the track. I love driving to the track about 70 miles one way and picking on the race cars. Alot of the time i never open the hood.

Is there anyway that you can turn it on its side and hide it completely behind the plate and under the dash? Is that unit larger than a PT2400?

This is mine on its side. Both outlets have 90deg bends.

100_1030.jpg

I looked at doing that and I may still do it but I would lose the glove box. The good thing about it you wouldnt see the bottom of it below the dash. The i/c is one a friend and I made it should be the same as the old 1500hp units.

Attachments

• Rusty-A2W.jpg
    Rusty-A2W.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 891
  • Rusty-A2Wtop.jpg
    Rusty-A2Wtop.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 884
  • Rusty-A2W-welds.jpg
    Rusty-A2W-welds.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 887
Looks the same size or close to mine. Yes you loose the glove box but you get to hide the IC entirely. Mine can just barely be seen at the bottom of the das. I misted it with black paint and its now invisible. My glove box was full of junk anyways..

Rosco, why didn't you go air/air with a couple alky nozzles? Since you drive it.

Yea yea....Old school is the right school son!!

What air/air will work fine on the street? You got two I/C's on that thing? WTF?

I got an air to air that works great on the street :D
Real street cars don't have a cold water cooled intercooler ;) ain't that right louie

Yea yea....Old school is the right school son!!

What air/air will work fine on the street? You got two I/C's on that thing? WTF?

When I saw that it was to late to change it. Go ahead and by the black car back you know you want to.

Don't have room for it...Would love to have that engine back though. May build another one when the junkyard motor blows up in the silver car.

I guess you are talking about the heat exchanger as the air/air correct?

I have a Afco dual pass heat exchanger and a 5 gal water tank in the trunk. It should work just as good on the street as a a/a.

Won't work as good as an air/air with a couple alky nozzles though...How often do you plan to race it? Once a year?