te-66 turbo guestion...

Wagondraggin

2nd ugliest car on d site
i might be getting a garrett te-66 turbo in a trade.. anyone ever run one on a hot air.. what would i need to run it... i am guessing 72 lbs injectors.. what kind of stall would i have to run and would the lag still be bad?? thinking about running alchy too any help would be appreciated...

thanks

mike

TE series turbos have a cast-in inlet bell,so there's no way to bolt your throttle body on:( .

As far as stall,3400-3600,injectors should be at least 55's.Depends on how hard you plan to push it and how much air your engine flows(heads/intake/cam,etc.)With a stock topend you could probably get away with 55's and a single 340.If you are flowing a lot more air than that you'd prolly need 72's and a double pumper.

Originally posted by WFO
TE series turbos have a cast-in inlet bell,so there's no way to bolt your throttle body on:( .

As far as stall,3400-3600,injectors should be at least 55's.Depends on how hard you plan to push it and how much air your engine flows(heads/intake/cam,etc.)With a stock topend you could probably get away with 55's and a single 340.If you are flowing a lot more air than that you'd prolly need 72's and a double pumper.

What he said lol.

Do youself a favor and get at least a 3,400 stall. My car with the 64 was no fun to drive with the 2,600 stall.

How did the TE mount in the hot air unless the car is intercooled? I have to stick with the TA series turbo's because there is no way in hell I am putting an IC in my car, but can a TE be mounted and workable???

John

Originally posted by cool 84
What he said lol.

Do youself a favor and get at least a 3,400 stall. My car with the 64 was no fun to drive with the 2,600 stall.

Holy crap,I can't imagine that would be too snappy.I got my 9/11 upgraded to 3200 last time it was out and I need to get my sh!t together and install the TA-61 I've got here decorating my living room.:rolleyes:

Turbo Thunder's coming right up and this pig's gonna run the number or drive over the crank trying;) :D .

Trust me you don't want to be a member of the drive over the crank club it sucks..... :(

I have a John Craig TA-66 with a Q trim exhaust wheel and a Precision .85 exhaust housing. 3000-3200 convertor and 55 lbs. inj. Seems to spool as quick as some smaller turbos I have used. The 55 are at their limit. Probably would not be enough if not for a big gulp of methanol.