TE-60 what do you think?

clean86

I am about to trade a TE-63 for a 60 .I don't need a turbo as big as the 63, but anyway what king of luck has anyonr had with a 60 and what times? Thx Guy's

I don't need a turbo as big as the 63

I just talked to Nick and he mentioned you were looking to get rid of the 63. I just got one today in place of my TE62. I haven’t really had a chance to compare being I am only pushing 16 lbs out of it right now till it brakes in. It seems like with my combo that there is less lag than with the TE62. Maybe the alky and all is in tune better at lower boost. What didn’t you like about the TE63e?

Chris

There really wasn't anything I didn't like about. It pulls like a banshee on top but a little sluggish down low . Not bad just a little.I just didn't need a turbo that big to go high 11's

i ran 125 mph with a te-60 and a stock converter...on a walbro 307 through stock lines of course....:D :D :D

good luck jeremy

surej

bad idea...63 is a big shaft turbo and any smaller are small shafts...big price difference and big shaft is a much tuffer turbo.

i sure would like to know why people have problems spooling turbo's my LT70-1 spools almost as fast as my 51 did and with a 2800 stall :confused:

Red I see what you are saying, and I know he is getting the better end of the deal $ for $ but I only want to get the car to go 11.90 or so. With 009'ss for inj the 63 is flowing a lot of air, more so than the 009's can handle. Also the 60 will be more fun on the street. How you get a 70 to spool with a 2800 is beyond me, but if you can , great. Thx for the info though

Originally posted by clean86
Red I see what you are saying, and I know he is getting the better end of the deal $ for $ but I only want to get the car to go 11.90 or so. With 009'ss for inj the 63 is flowing a lot of air, more so than the 009's can handle. Also the 60 will be more fun on the street. How you get a 70 to spool with a 2800 is beyond me, but if you can , great. Thx for the info though
Don't feel bad about it. I had a T63E and could get it to spool OK but stepped down to a 61 for the same reasons you are. Truth be known, Red isn't spooling his as well as he thinks (1.84 60' and 11.1 with a 70) , MPH is good but the 70 is a 9 second turbo so to use its potential you should be 130 MPH and in the 9's so if you have the MPH you are losing it in the first 1/8 (aka Supra). Red's knows most good running 49 equipped cars run that:D Actually 009's are more suited to a 49 which would be even better for your goals but a 60 would be max with those injectors.

Originally posted by Intercooler
Don't feel bad about it. I had a T63E and could get it to spool OK but stepped down to a 61 for the same reasons you are. Truth be known, Red isn't spooling his as well as he thinks (1.84 60' and 11.1 with a 70) , MPH is good but the 70 is a 9 second turbo so to use its potential you should be 130 MPH and in the 9's so if you have the MPH you are losing it in the first 1/8 (aka Supra). Red's knows most good running 49 equipped cars run that:D Actually 009's are more suited to a 49 which would be even better for your goals but a 60 would be max with those injectors.

hey now you bein hard on a brother...:D

that 1.8 was easy lauch ...pretty much off idle...i mainly went for some high gear tunning which is hard to do on the street i wont worried about dragging the back bumper just yet..

besides who you know running 130 mph with bowl blended stock valved heads??? huh huh huh :p and dont forget my car is fully equiped and weighs in at 3692# with me and 1/2 tank

i think once i crank it up with the fuel to feed it then i will try to reach out for 130 but consitering it was bucking from the 1/8 on i think its pretty much flying. i got some 75# injectors here but havent got the ecm done yet so car is just sitting..i got a guy local that can do the ecm ..i plan to take it around there this eve.

i'll take the car back to the track just for you before i set it in the other car i have just to see what mph it runs with fuel to support it...i still dont plan on being to hard on it out the gate till its in the other body with cage.. i tried it when i had the blow up turbo's on it and the car felt like a pretzel it twisted up so bad...i noticed the more i lauched it hard the more rattles i found in it so being as im going to de tune this car for a desent driver i want to keep the twisting down to minimum :cool:

Intercooler, what I kind of times did you run with the 61,and how much boost could you launch with? Thx

Just sticking my nose in a little, but my with my combo- TE 60, 009's,stock heads,converter,rear,and all the other bolt ons,mine went a best(and fairly consistent)11.70's leaving with about 10 lbs of boost and around 1.61 60',the TE60 performed well. If you are looking to trade for a 63,let me know ...
Mike
87GN 11.72/114

Thx for the info , but the turbo went to DR BOOST . Nice guy any one doing bus with him don't worry . Also nice times , how much boost were you running those#'s with?

I was running around 22-23 lbs.,and that was with a cracked drivers side header. I have since added the 206 cam, GN1 aluminum heads,and 50lb injectors,can't wait to see what she runs like now
Mike
87GN 11.79/114

Thanks thats what I kneeded to know. The 60 should take me right were I wan't to be. thx again.

I had a TA52 which was similar with the TE-60. It spooled up great. But I used a Precision (3200) stall non-lockup. My new TA62 spools up just as good. But I have to say that the 62 is a whole lot better than my 52. I could really notice the top end with this turbo. My car is very streetable with the TA62. :D