TE-44 turbo

fast times

Hey guys what size injector should you use with this turbo? Have a friend with 40#s , how big could we go and still be streetable? would it make a difference or does the turbo size have to correspond with the injectors? Bigger injectors now then on to the turbo? By the way have you heard of a quick quarter mile times with the TE-44? Thanks

I would go with the 50's,when I had these with a te44 I went 11.4(with ported heads)not pusing it to the limit.The street manors with the 50,s and a extender chip was better then stock.

IMO
John

The min injector you will need for the 44 is 009's (42.5lbs/hr). The 009's should be more than enough for the 44.

Originally posted by TURBOV6
The min injector you will need for the 44 is 009's (42.5lbs/hr). The 009's should be more than enough for the 44.

I agree that they are more than enough,but why not go ahead and be ready for more if he changes down the road.

There are so many great chips for the 50's,the car will run great and have some room to grow.

John

I would agree with you on the 50's. I would had bought 50's if I had done more research on injectors. Yup true on the chips and don't have to worry battling the tip-in-stumble :eek:

Hi-imp 57 s.-at 80% duty cycle they should make 547 hp maxing out about the stock block.

The 50s aren't a slam dunk to not have tip-in stumble problems. I had a tip-in stumble with my 50s and a PTE chip. As soon as I switched to the Max Effort chip the tip-in stumble went away.

i have the te-44 and 50's combo...you will never run out of injector with this turbo...50's are good enough for high 10's so why not just get it over with now? besides the maximum the stock ecm will use is the 50's...i like to max things out all the time:D

i have had the boost up to 27 lbs and did not have a fuel problem whatsoever...this is with an enemic hotwired walbro 307 pump...

not hard to install either...just pop them in and go!

no tip-in stumble with extender chip and 009's and great street mannors and good gas milage with my t-400,how dose 20mpg sound,te-44 on the way!!!!!!!!!!!

I usedthe TE 44with stockD5 and msd 50's with an ME chip. This combo went 12.65 at 18 pounds of boost on race gas in race timing on the chip.I had plenty left. On drag radials also. 108 mile an hour so it had more. This is a great street daily driver strip combo and works well easily tuned.

I have the Delphi 37 or 38# injectors. On a 12.39 pass with 22 psi boost, they maxxed out and cost my mile per hour. My new injectors will be 57# high imp.