TCC options

MRW487

Are there any TCC switches for the TH2004R on the market that don't require splicing of wires? Also when I unplug the harness and take it for a spin to check, could the trans suffer any heat related damage if I decide to drive it for a few days with the harness unplugged. That is assuming unplugging it actually helps. I have read conflicting info on this. It is a stock 2004R with an auxiliary trans cooler. Thanks

Last I checked no one makes a plug-n-play TCC solenoid for our car. You'll have to splice your existing connector onto your new switch. No big deal. Having to drop the pan and deal with the mess (if you don't have a drain plug) will likely be the bigger pain in the ass :)

It's ok to unplug it temporarily for troubleshooting.

If your concern is not wanting to splice into your factory harness you can ground terminal F at the ALDL connection to activate the TCC IIRC.

I went ahead and ordered the TCC kit from Kirbans...should be here Monday. I drove it again today....with it plugged in the car would jerk around at cruise and with it unplugged it ran fine. I hope that is my only problem. I checked the position of the brake pedal switch and the plunger worked fine.

Last edited:
You can easily tell if you have a shorted to ground TCC solenoid with the plug OFF test.

Just probe Pin D (the pin for the tan/blk striped wire) with an OHM-meter and the other lead to a ground such as the engine block or transmission case assuming your ground strap is still attached to it on the upper bolt.

If it reads a short to ground on Pin D with the OHM Meter, the wire is pinched somewhere and shorting to the transmission grounded metal case which immediately activates it with the key on and foot off the brake pedal.

Got the Kirbans TCC switch and plug installed and problem solved......Thanks for the info guys.