Tampa Bay Shop??????

troym55

Ok are their any reputable HP shops in this area? I moved down from NY, and job spetter did all my work (The Best In my Eyes), But I really need someone good around this area. Building 2 engins. One stocker with lots of goodies and a Stage II.Thanks Guys....Troy:D :D :D

If I were you I would talk to Cal Hartline of Melbourne........

Hartline Performance
email: Cal@HartlinePerformance.com
Orders: 321-722-1563
Tech support: 321-863-2303
Address: Hartline Performance 825 Hunters Creek Drive West Melbourne, FL 32904

http://www.hartlineperformance.com

He has built many high HP stock block and Stage II motors so IMO he would be your best bet!

HTH:) :cool:

It's a haul for you - but Jeff in Pompano at Economy Auto is a great choice.

Terry

The two names mention above are very good builders for our GNs ...also we have KDK (Kevin King) in Orlando. You can find his info at www.Turbobuicks.com

As for building a S2 motor I would take it to Hartline Performance.

Jesse :cool:

Originally posted by Jesse

As for building a S2 motor I would take it to Hartline Performance.

Jesse :cool:

Yeah I agree because I don't think Jeff at Economy Auto has ever built a S2 motor although I know he has built many good stock block motors......... Come to think of it the only guys in south Florida that I know of that have built some Stage motors is Laz of Laz Racing in Miami and Ricardo LaCosta/Lee Fredricks (both Ricardo and Lee build motors for fun and don't do it for a living though).......

I can help you with the dial it/tuning/drivability stuff..

For basic machine work there are some shops locally that do a pretty good job. They are Dwans, Pelchers, and Kens .. I've had Dwans do cranks and boring and the work has been good..slow but good. At least he has the torque plates for our blocks.

There is one more that does stage motor work..but I cant remember the name. Sorry..he races a dragster..arggg..

Off course this is aside from Cal that has a tremendous reputation and is super competent..

When you get it together, look me up :)

Julio

How close are these two shops to McDill, AFB?

I may be bringing down my 87 GN & it needs some work (tuning & maybe a head gasket). Thank you,

Re: How close are these two shops to McDill, AFB?

Originally posted by Cool87GN
I may be bringing down my 87 GN & it needs some work (tuning & maybe a head gasket). Thank you,

Wow what a range..from tuning to a HG..

Look me up when you get down here. I'm only 15 miles from McDill, actually on the other side of the bridge. ;)