Talked To a Machinist Shop Today...

Sorry to get off topic but while we have small block chevys on our heads. Charlie do you have any small block chevy tricks? Any thing that is not normally known? right now i bought a set of casting # 3782461X heads. i also have other heads too but if you know chevy heads then you know what theses are. :D some dumb guy had them on craigslist for $50 his post was " i have some old chevy heads $50 takes them or i am going to give them to the scrapers." lol dont worry i am not swaping my buick to a small block chevy. its for another car:D

Damn good deal for $50. I know what they are.. Will keep quiet :D. If they have a 2.02 exhaust and 1.60 intake.. you really scored.

Zack

I really wish GN northwest would do it... Save me alot of trouble... in the SEA/TAC metro area there are about 5 machine shops, 1 closed down, 1 seems like they may be able to do the job, and the rest Ive heard complaints from customers with the most basic of ford 300 inline engines and honda engines. I called AZ just to see what they would say, and they looked at me like I was asking them for the holy graile.

If you live in the Seattle/Tacoma area hit Geno up on this board. Send him a PM if he doesn't catch this thread himself. Buick motors are not blocks you slap back together. You don't have to spend a fortune but you do need a machine shop that knows what they ate doing. You will be money ahead if you do it right the first time.

Im very lucky have had the same machinist for 25 years he is great never had any problems except my right foot. Just get a good set of pistons and pay attention to the oiling system they suck