Tablet question.

spooledyou

I rip people off. Do not deal with me.
Will any tablet out there work with the power logger system. Instead of a lap top..

I don't know for sure as I don't have one nor have I tried, but if a powerlogger is Windows 8 compatible then any Windows 8 tablet should work...should...

spooledyou said:
Will any tablet out there work with the power logger system. Instead of a lap top..

It will have to be the surface pro!!! About a $1000

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Anyone ever think about building a tablet into the dash and using it for primary instrumentation?

Anyone ever think about building a tablet into the dash and using it for primary instrumentation?

Yes, doing that as we speak for my grand national. More for tuning than primary instrumentation but it will control powerlogger and display g-forces, speed, navigation etc

You can do it, I am... with an ipad. The catch is cost, it will either be more work or more cost than most people are willing to stomach to do it, there is no plug and play solution I'm aware of

You can do it, I am... with an ipad. The catch is cost, it will either be more work or more cost than most people are willing to stomach to do it, there is no plug and play solution I'm aware of
i am trying to reach out to Jeff (gnetic86) from the other board "S" he was using one a long time ago and from what i remember it wasn't expensive.
From what i remember it also had a flip over keyboard ??? or something like that ???

You can get a case for your ipad that has keys on it.

My setup is to run the powerlogger to my dedicated car computer, small passively cooled wireless atom pc about the size of a couple pack of cards stacked on each other.

I then jailbroke my ipad and have it acting as an adhoc network. you then connect your pc to that network and install some kind of remote viewing software on it (ie log me in) and onto your pad.

You then get a touchscreen pad to run anything you need to run on a pc. Its complicated but it works great and allows me to keep my ipad mounted in dash and use it only to tune, play music, navigation, games, movies etc.

If your frugal and do the work yourself you could do it for a couple hundred bucks, or if your really a nerd get a raspberry pi and do it for 30-40 bucks

No Problem! It is track tested, never locks up so far 1yr. My battery has run over 6 hrs at the track without dying.

Is there a way to run serial to a Bluetooth setup or are the communications for the power logger strictly USB? I am wondering if there is a RS232 chip in the powerlogger that you could connect through, or even get a male USB to bluetooth converter? With my MS3 in my car I can data log on my phone or tablet wireless through bluetooth using a cheap $7 ebay Serial to Bluetooth converter I have soldered into the MS3 serial connection and it works great.

Maybe use one of these:
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/e...mpaignId=T9F&gclid=CI7q0aHrrrcCFYU-Mgod7gQAiw

Connected to one of these:
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/blusbdo.html?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CJuD87rrrrcCFe07MgodNVYA5Q

I am not sure about the communication problems that may apply due to protocall and baud rate but it might be worth a thought....

,Dan