TA Performance V6 Timing Cover Assembly

TAPerf

We have a TA 1533B - 231-252 V6 & Turbo V6 Timing Cover & Oil Pump Assembly here that we're trying to sell as Blemished. It features our new timing cover for the turbo cars with the screws to hold the front seal in.

Looking for $400

Click for Larger Images

Note: This product is brand new, however this product is being listed as BLEMISHED (item does not meet our high level of quality due to one or more problems that do not impair the part's functionality. Blemished items are sold at reduced prices and are sold as is). This is due to the fact that the cover has a crack running through the bottom, however when installed on an engine will be completely sealed by the oil pan as the oil pan will cover along the outside of the cover with the crack being inside the oil pan area. This will not affect performance or how the cover fits, thus this cover is being sold as New but "Blemished".

Include new (blemished) timing cover, front neoprene seal, Metric oil pump cover, gear set, booster plate, adjustable regulator and all the special machine work and hand work such as port matching and gear prep. Comes fully assembled and packed with petroleum jelly ready to install onto your block. Requires TA V1341 Timing Indicator ($12.00) which we also sell.

Im just wondering.. if you went to all the trouble of fabricating a new timing cover, why didnt you do one with the FWD crank driven oil pump?

BTW, Thats a nice looking cover. Way nicer than the aftermarkets Ive seen.

With all the porting & setting up time they take the person didnt even see that crack?
Wow!
Cracks will get bigger with time & vibration from the motor wont they?
Myself for a $50 savings I wouldnt install it.
Maybe for $200 I would take a chance but its not a great bargain at $400.

Cant the crack just be TIGGED?

Only if they first drill a hole at each end of the crack... You have to STOP the crack from growing before you can "patch" it.

One thing's for sure about cracks...Unless repaired, they will continue to grow over time/heat cycles/vibrations.

I gotta say it...
I think you guys put out GREAT stuff, and I love your products. But you aren't actually trying to sell a cracked timing cover for 400 dollars are you? Tell me you're kidding.

are these timing covers TA Performance exclusive pieces or are they readily available everywhere.

i noticed the part number on the pass bottom corner. does this signify a ta piece?

nice cover what kind of oil pressure can you expect from one may be looking for one soon

$50 discount for a defective item that would cost more then buying a new one once its fixed:confused: Am I reading this right? with no warrante.......:rolleyes:

$50 discount for a defective item that would cost more then buying a new one once its fixed:confused: Am I reading this right? with no warrante.......:rolleyes:

yup ...you can have a "reinforced" one for a couple more bucks than a new blemish free one.

That looks more like a heat tear from casting than a crack. It will be porous all through that machined flange. That's a pretty obvious flaw in the casting. I can't figure why anyone would spend time and money to finish it, port it, etc. QC should have pitched that one back in the scrap pile before anything else was done.:confused: