TA Performance Headers

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
When will TA Performance have a special on there headers? Or maybe one of the Vendors that sell there headers have a deal on the. I think if the price dropped a little the sales of them would go up.

When will TA Performance have a special on there headers? Or maybe one of the Vendors that sell there headers have a deal on the. I think if the price dropped a little the sales of them would go up.

I'll look into including them into our next sale.

I'd do a search on them. Opinions run hot and cold. From my experience, I'd suggest going another route.

I'd do a search on them. Opinions run hot and cold. From my experience, I'd suggest going another route.

As far as what? So far all the headers I have tried have fitment issues, are about the same price. You can only weld so much on the stocker.

As far as what? So far all the headers I have tried have fitment issues, are about the same price. You can only weld so much on the stocker.

With the current selection you may be right for fitment. When they were available I tried Kenne Bell and ATR. The KB's were the better of the two, but not by much. With the OEMs out they took 45 minutes to install with no fitment problems at all, whereas the TA’s were such a nightmare I still breakout in a cold sweat when I think about it.

I see that TR Custom is selling a KB style header (I think GN1 has them too – if their website ever worked it could be checked out). I’d like to know the history of TR’s KB headers, maybe Mark H can chip in. If these are made from the old KB jig then we now have the best headers made for our cars back, IMHO (and they’re cheaper that TA’s).

Also TR has given me the best customer service I've had from an GN vendor since ATR disappeared (and no, Mark isn't my brother).

IMOP TA Headers are the best on the market. I would Call NICK MICALE up @ Arizonagn.com im sure he will get you a good price on them. Fitment is perfect. Just install the way nick tells you to and they wil fit right everytime. if they dont fit right call nick.

IMOP TA Headers are the best on the market. I would Call NICK MICALE up @ Arizonagn.com im sure he will get you a good price on them. Fitment is perfect. Just install the way nick tells you to and they wil fit right everytime. if they dont fit right call nick.
x2

X3 !!! Just put a set on a car last week .. fit like a glove, seal great, all hardware and gaskets are there to. :cool:

As far as performance gains and sound, what do you guys think. I just cracked my driver side header and thinking about the ta headers. My car has a fully built motor and runs 11.5 on 15# and 11.0 on 19#. Do you think these will help? Or not so much? If there was a deal on them it would make the decision easier. They are pricey.

I look at it this way any after market header is going to have some kind of issue i have ta headers and had fit ment problems.

call nick and see if he can get you a deal. as far as gains, you will see some but dont expect to gain .5 in the quater.

......... If there was a deal on them it would make the decision easier. They are pricey.

Let me give you some comments about "pricey".

About 10 years ago when ATR was building stainless headers, the price was $1000 a set. Used they still bring $5-600 in good shape.

Poston who did sell headers - now out of business. :frown:

A friend of mine does custom headers for sand rails, imports and other cars, prices START at $3000 a set.

TA stainless headers, with many improvements and better material are $1025 a set. The mild steel, currently out of stock as they sell for only $695 a set.

Every car that I have personally installed TA headers have always had better performance, and they have also been into the 8's.

Volume production would help lower the price of TA headers, but why invest many thousand $$$$$ in inventory, and wait years to recover it from a small market that is going away.

I would think people in the Buick community would be greatful that a vendor spends money to develop and build a quality product [made in the USA!] that is better than any of its kind ever - and continues to do so. :D

Last I heard, China has not sent us any Buick products THEY developed or designed. :eek:

Fitment

What kind of fitment issues did you have?:confused:

A ARM EAR WAS HITTING UP AGAINST THE HEADER SO I GRIND IT DOWN ALITTLE THEN THE BRAKE LINES HIT UP AGAINST IT ALSO ALL ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T FIT A 3.5 OR 4 INCH MAF PIPE WITHOUT THE UP PIPE BEING IN THE WAY I GUESS WHERE THE TURBO MOUNTS AT ON THE HEADER WON'T LET IT HAPPEN IF YOU DO A SEARCH I HAVEN'T BEEN THE ONLY ONE WITH THESE PROBLEMS AND KEEP IN MIND HEADERS COST 1200.00:eek::eek::eek: