TA 49 limits

belsie

Sorry for the vague question but I am enjoying my TA 49 and was curious as to the limits i.e. Boost levels I can realistically expect from it. Ready to buy a H.D. actuator and don't want to overkill the turbo. Any advice???

Check out the thread that Pronto provided above. That's the actual data from my car after Bison installed the XFI and did some dyno tuning.

Sorry for the vague question but I am enjoying my TA 49 and was curious as to the limits i.e. Boost levels I can realistically expect from it. Ready
I ran a 49 turbo into the 10s with high 1.4 60fts.turbo worked flawlessly.boost ranges will vary but we have seen 30 psi on a stock motor with mid to low 11 sec ets and 1.5 60fts.it's a solid mid 11 sec turbo on a full weight buick.

Mine has been north of 35lbs...I think 38lbs on the dyno was the number.
Wondering if this is a typo?me and a few others have had the turbo all in and don't see these boost ranges.even on a 10.90 pass at 125mph boost 30lbsof boost and 26degrees of timing is all the 49 had on a stock motor.

Sorry for the vague question but I am enjoying my TA 49 and was curious as to the limits i.e. Boost levels I can realistically expect from it. Ready to buy a H.D. actuator and don't want to overkill the turbo. Any advice???
Upgrade the trans and axles,put a good tire on the car,good gas and the right chip/tune and the car will fly

Wondering if this is a typo?me and a few others have had the turbo all in and don't see these boost ranges.even on a 10.90 pass at 125mph boost 30lbsof boost and 26degrees of timing is all the 49 had on a stock motor.
It's not a typo. I posted pics of the logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the 31 psi,just noticed the 34 psi and 17 degrees of timing.you definitely have an odd one there has the car made any passes?

I saw the 31 psi,just noticed the 34 psi and 17 degrees of timing.you definitely have an odd one there has the car made any passes?
The map sensor was maxed out you need to use fuel pressure to get the real number. Iirc it was 44psi base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a pass in before the rain at LV a couple of weeks ago. A high 1.7 60', and a way too early TC lock by me, netted an 11.96 @111.39. This was not at the boost levels listed here earlier and the early TC lock dragged it way out of its power curve for a majority of the run after the 1/8 marker. Log read 28psi through majority of the run. A lot of room for better #'s here obviously. I'll follow up when I get back it back on the blacktop.

Got a pass in before the rain at LV a couple of weeks ago. A high 1.7 60', and a way too early TC lock by me, netted an 11.96 @111.39. This was not at the boost levels listed here earlier and the early TC lock dragged it way out of its power curve for a majority of the run after the 1/8 marker. Log read 28psi through majority of the run. A lot of room for better #'s here obviously. I'll follow up when I get back it back on the blacktop.
Definitely a lot of potential.my fastest passes on the 49 came with a lot of time and hard work so keep plugging away(y)

I'm only at 18psi with the ta49 and damn, car is moving. Breaks tires loose at 35mph cruising speeds.