T6P site

suicide six

Got an email from them today stating that the site will now be using an ebay style parts selling procedure.I know my thoughts on this just like to know how others feel.

it's good but not needed, I most of the time don't have time to sit around wait to see if i won something i need, hell that's why i order from our vendors
i check out the part's for sale here and it's perfect it gives us all a way to wheel and deal i don't know about everyone but i like to try to bargin, unless it's a good deal already, i've sold items here and have been asked " would you include shipping at that price?" people like to make offers

don't get me wrong, it could be a good thing if you got the time wait, or a buy it now feature is added who knows :confused: , i might use it but if i need a part right away or i might want to buy it new instead of used at a certin price :rolleyes:

It gives you the option of a having auction or not! It is actually a very nice piece of software that we are still learning all the features. The seller can end the sale at anytime just by clicking a button. So bascially you can list an add just like before, it just will look like an auction type ad!

We are not trying to make a penny off of this, there are NO FEES, no honor system donations or anything. Just trying to provide something new and helpful to the Buick community! I see guys complaining on all boards about ebay for many reasons, this should eliminate most of that!

At first I was against it.But may be coming around.Picture work needs help.I think this could open the door for fraud.Hope Im wrong.Never cared for EBAY although Ive used it.And seems to have gotten worse.Everyone Ive purchased items off on this site have been great,its a more personal way I guess.Communication is better than ebay style.

You have direct communication with the seller. You can post coments, questions, etc in the ad. Essentially its the same as having it in a forum however the picture implementation is better as it auto resizes photos and makes thumbnails for you. Granted there are a lot of bells and whistles that probably arent needed and the auction stuff is completely optional. If someone was going to sell it on Ebay as an auction, they can list it there just as easily.

There is also a feedback system so if a seller ships promptly, etc, he can build good feedback. That helps the community as a whole because the good sellers/buyers can establish their reputation and it gives people peace of mind when dealing with them.

Overall I think it's an awesome package. We've actually had it for a while and I installed it once about 6 months ago and the previous owner of T6P looked at it about 2 minutes and said to remove it but with the forum integration working now (All new ads show up on New Posts), I think it's pretty complete.

All Im saying Jay is look at the adds here on this site compared to the other.Most on your site are asking for better pictures via email.Trying to improve a site is great and these buick ones need it one way or another.The #s of us are dwindling and theres not much we can do about it until GM does the unthinkable.Most of T6Ps ads are carryovers or dupes from sites like this or TurboBuicks site.Your site had internal issues that ran many members off.I think your doings to that issue would be first on your list.Good luck and thanks for giving our guys an option and a place to keep our cars running.