T66 Question? Too big?

MP6

I'm looking at buying a 87 GN and the only mod done is a turbonetics t66. Isn't that too much for a stock car with no supporting mods?

Yes, the stock turbo is to big too...if someone strapped on a t66 and nothing else I would stay clear of the car

Wouldn't be my choice without all the right supporting mods. The guy could have got caught up in bigger is better. Depends on what that rebuilt engine has for parts in it too. Easy enough to just put an apropriate sized turbo on it so that's not a total deal killer.

I'm looking at buying a 87 GN and the only mod done is a turbonetics t66. Isn't that too much for a stock car with no supporting mods?

I doubt that it is really a 66mm turbo, but you can easily check to see as a drive will tell you right away.

If it takes a city block to make power, and a older 4 cylinder Buick will leave it in the dust at a stoplight, it could be a 66 turbo?:rolleyes:

Well the add is vague at best. Sometimes.owners.dont really.know what they have or someone.told.them.yea thats a 66 etc. Like nick.said drive it. I had a 61bb on my 86 w stock convert aand it was a slug down.low..up top.different story....

Like the others said take it for a drive If it is a journal bearing 66 it will spool super slow A Ball bearing 66 might spool ok But if u like the car get it and swap turbos if need be Turbos can be had relatively cheap

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Doesn't look like a turbonetics, looks like a gn1 t66 or 61...also price is a bit on the high end..