T Type QUESTION

saywin

Fletch
Was the 1987 Regal a T-Type or Turbo T or Regal with the Turbo option???

I am really confused by this!:confused:

Buick dropped the name "T-Type" for the 1987 models. Where it may really get confusing is when you use the name "Turbo T" to describe the 1987 non-Grand National Turbo Regals. There are some WE4 owners who will tell you that the WE4 was named the "Turbo T" and that anything else is just a "Regal With Turbo". The whole "T" thing is further confused by the fact that you could get the "T" sport package and WO2 exterior sport package on a plain (non-turbo) Regal. I think that most people with the 1987 non-Grand National Turbo Regals will call them "Turbo Ts" regardless of whether they are the WE4 model. It's just too difficult when someone asks what kind of car you have to reply, "I have a Regal with Turbo with the T package and WO2 sport package." I hope I have answered your question.

Buick dropped the name "T-Type" for the 1987 models. Where it may really get confusing is when you use the name "Turbo T" to describe the 1987 non-Grand National Turbo Regals. There are some WE4 owners who will tell you that the WE4 was named the "Turbo T" and that anything else is just a "Regal With Turbo". The whole "T" thing is further confused by the fact that you could get the "T" sport package and WO2 exterior sport package on a plain (non-turbo) Regal. I think that most people with the 1987 non-Grand National Turbo Regals will call them "Turbo Ts" regardless of whether they are the WE4 model. It's just too difficult when someone asks what kind of car you have to reply, "I have a Regal with Turbo with the T package and WO2 sport package." I hope I have answered your question.

So the WO2 what is the W02 package?

Production numbers

How many Turbo T's were made in 1987? I found the exact number for the WE4, but what about the Turbo T's that were different colors and had chrome bumpers? Furthermore are the Turbo T's (non WE4's) considered as valuable?:confused: Please see article below!

A grand total of 1,547 WE4 Turbo-T units left the assembly line, meaning that aside from the GNX, the Turbo-T is one of the rarest turbo Regals to leave the line. The announcement of the model came compliments of a Buick Product bulletin dated November 11, 1986; already well into the model-year production, with a production start date of December 8. Interestingly, just two days prior, a bulletin had been released stating that the WE4 would no longer be available with the WO2 black-out kit trim package.

According to Dennis Kirban's book, Kirban's Guide to 1986 & 1987 Buick Turbo Regals, "They (Buick) did this so it would not be confusing having two Turbo Regals available at the same time in black." He goes on to explain, "The only difference between the new WE4 version and the black one with the WO2 exterior sport package would be the old WE4 version would have matching black bumpers. The new one would have chrome bumpers." Just how many truly black WE4s Buick made before the change is not known, but it's a good bet that not too many of these were built.

Found it

GNX
547 Produced
276 HP @ 4400 RPM
360 ft-lbs of torque at 3000 RPM

Grand National (WE2)
20,193 Produced
245 HP @ 4400 RPM
355 ft-lbs of torque at 2000 RPM

Turbo T (WE4)
1,547 Produced
245 HP @ 4400 RPM

Regal Limited w/ Turbo
1,035 Produced
245 HP @ 4400 RPM

Base Regal w/ Turbo
4,268 Produced
245 HP @ 4400 RPM

Still the question about the base Regal w/ Turbo, are they as valuable?:confused:

Was the 1987 Regal a T-Type or Turbo T or Regal with the Turbo option???

I am really confused by this!:confused:

This should simplify it for you. No such car as a Turbo "T". Much easier to say T-Type so I too incorrectly call it both a T-Type or a Turbo "T". Truly it is a Regal with a Turbo with a "T" package if not a WE2/4. This link should clear it up for you.

Buick History

This should simplify it for you. No such car as a Turbo "T". Much easier to say T-Type so I too incorrectly call it both a T-Type or a Turbo "T". Truly it is a Regal with a Turbo with a "T" package if not a WE2/4. This link should clear it up for you.

Buick History

I'd call that description just another opinion. :) The name is whatever most poeple call it. In the end it doesn't matter. A rose is a rose.

That picture looks somewhat familiar. I wonder were it came from......

I'd call that description just another opinion. :) The name is whatever most poeple call it. In the end it doesn't matter. A rose is a rose.

That picture looks somewhat familiar. I wonder were it came from......

So a GNX is a GN and a GN is a Regal? I don't think so. Sure we call them what we want because it is easier to do depending on the year of ones car when describing it to people who are not familiar with all the different models from year to year. I do it with mine all the time.

His question was not what people call it? His question was referring to what is the correct name in 87?