T-top Shades?

rb68rr

Where can I find the shades that fit into the t-tops? Do they really keep it cooler? Already hot down here in Texas!! How much are they? Thanks. R.B.

I cut out a piece of cardboard the same size as the opening on the interior with just a little longer on the side that goes toward the center of the roof to hold the cardboard in. Then I carpeted the cardboard so it would look nice. Seems to work well and cheap too.

I did the same thing as UnderPSI. It really cuts down on the incubator effect.:D Put them in during the summer, and take them out in the winter.

I get mine at Walmart. They are the twin set of folding windshield shades. These are the sort of round ones that fold up into a small circle to store. They have kind of a spring in the outer edge which gives them shape and works just great to fit in the small space between the glass and the plastic inside the T-Tops. I have a silver car and buy the mylar ones. They have reds and blues to match most others too. About $6 now and they store under the seat when you take them out.

to: silver 6

What size did you get? They had 3 when I went to check them out. I got the Jumbo size, but since it's raining I haven't got the chance to check the fit yet.

I bought the standard size. I think the jumbos will be more than you need. The standard size is just a bit larger than the inside of the top. It leaves me a small section folded in which I leave on the side closest to the center bar. I use this to grip and take the shades out. I put in the outer corners first, then the inner ones. This leaves just a small excess which I tuck over. It looks neat inside and out.