T-top anti rattle seals.

grnadnasty84

Cold Air 84
Hey I'm about to buy some t-top anti rattle seals and I've found two places that sell them. Gbodyparts.com sells them for $59 and Kirban's for $24. Does anyone know the difference between the two? The difference in price is substantial and I'm just wondering if the difference in performance is a direct reflection of the price. I've tried searching on here but came up with nothing.

Also, doesn't 3M sell some stuff almost identical to this? Any help or comparison would be greatly appreciated.

Gbodyparts:
GBodyParts.com Online

Kirban:
1978-1984 1985 1986 1987 Buick Regal Grand National Turbo T T-Type GNX T-TOPS Aftermarket ANTI-RATTLE WEATHERSTRIP SEALS (2) #7211

There both pretty much the same now, I might be wrong on this, but I believe a few years ago Kirban did sell a thicker one for T-tops, but discontinued them a while ago.

kirban 2 cents worth

Yes, ours is not GM, we used to carry GM but at one point could not get them, and basically it is a strip of foam nothing trick about it. We get a god price because we buy a huge roll of it and package it I think giving you 2 five foot sections... it doesn;t fit in anything it merely takes up space to stop rattles.

I am not saying Gboydparts is not any good just explaining what we market.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

GM pricing is like paying taxes....every time you turn around its higher than before....and the way things look it will only get worse...our cars are at the very edge of anything being available now that they are 22-24 years old.....

i purchaced some nos gm anti vibe seals from *********** recently. fast shipping think they were 29.95 per side

If I just replaced my t-top seals, do you think these would make any difference at all? If so I will probably just go with the Kirban's.

Thanks for the responses.;)

I am not trying to take any business away from anyone, but couldn't you just use peel and stick weather stripping?

kirban 2 cents worth

yeah you could use weather stripping problem is you need something thin and have some height to it...ones we buy is special as without a good height one it would be useless....if you went to enough hardware stores you could probably find it....but we buy from an automotive source....

afterall we only sell it for $23.95.....so shopping it around doesn't make a lot of sense to me anyhow....just my thoughts

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

You're right Dennis. $24 isn't a lot of money when you know a part works properly.

That's $23.95 installed, right? :)