T-Shirt Design

StationWagon13

Ok I don't really know much of you, so I don't know how open you are to giving me ideas. I have a double major in college. One being Art. Now I'm in a Basic Design class. I'm on my third project. Which is a T-Shirt Design. Does anyone have any ideas? Its open to ANYTHING. But I was thinking of more of a racing orientated design or logo. Now I know you guys are all creative and have great ideas. Care to share?

Great!

Haha I thought NO ONE was gonna answer this.

Great Idea. Hawaii Buick Logo. Have anything specific? Like do you want an emblem? Or some specific text. Like Buicks, or Speed, or Turbo Regal etc. A specific buick? year?

Thank you very much by the way.:)

Now why wouldn't anyone reply?:D I was thinking about using the turbo 6 in the design. Put in some 6 cylinder sayings.... " A 6 just ate you" ,"just a 6", something like that. Any other ideas, people?
I think your younger imagination is better than mine!;)

Great idea Lani....

Why don't you figure a Hawaii turbo Buick's logo and put a link or e-mail us the sample and we decide from there. I have a few freinds in the T shirt business was designing sone shirts for me and was planning on sharing these with the fellow TR guys but was too busy to follow up.

Wait I got an idea....Put that white Turbo T with NOS doing a wheel stand? :D

Or hows about a Buick Motorsports in the front and some GN's, Turbo T's, T-Type and a GNX logo and a nice drawing of a GN in the back?

Thanks again!

t shirt

hey i got one.

hood open and cylinder heads hanging off the side of the fender.
Caption says Too much boost.......Got boost?????? How about you got boosted;) anyway gotta go to sleep now

How about a turbo 6 emblem and a big wrench next to it? Reason being, you can't have one without the other.....they go hand in hand.:D

Hawaiian Turbo: Now why wouldn't anyone reply? I was thinking about using the turbo 6 in the design. Put in some 6 cylinder sayings.... " A 6 just ate you" ,"just a 6", something like that.

Ok Hawaiian Turbo (ack i don't know your name). This is more of a T-shirt design. Did you still want to try for Logo "also"? I can try both. Turbo 6 design...I like it. As for the sayings that can be applied later in any font face you want. to the front, or the back. We can make it itallic so it leans in a direction to give the impression of going somewhere fast. Unless you wanted it in a specific place?THANK YOU!:D (keep it comin)

By TurboV6: Wait I got an idea....Put that white Turbo T with NOS doing a wheel stand? Or hows about a Buick Motorsports in the front and some GN's, Turbo T's, T-Type and a GNX logo and a nice drawing of a GN in the back?

Wow, haha CALM, count to ten. kidding ;) Ok thats a lot going on for one shirt. You obviously have a lot of ideas. GREAT!! I need them haha. Now lets see, is there a way we can break this up into several ideas? Or were you fixed on using all of them? We can work them into one. I was thinking of somehow taking something from each, something that stands out and distinguishes them individually, and merging that into one design. An arrangement of some sort so they all play into each other.THANK YOU!:D (keep it comin)

By gokada: hood open and cylinder heads hanging off the side of the fender. Caption says Too much boost.......Got boost?????? How about you got boosted
:D (keep it comin)

I like the "boost" caption idea. It can be applied to a number of the ideas and it definitly stays with you. I'll try out the cylinder head idea, don't know how detailed I can get with it tho. THANK YOU!:D (keep it comin)

by Go For 1:How about a turbo 6 emblem and a big wrench next to it? Reason being, you can't have one without the other.....they go hand in hand

I like where your going with that. But what would the caption be?
hmmm maybe theres a way to fit the wrench into the emblem. on a hand...no no thats too much for an emblem. Hmmm.THANK YOU!:D (keep it comin)

These are absolutely great ideas you guys. Your so much help. Thank you so much. I have to submit 6 thumbnails. Thats 6 different designs. And I work with that and my art director, and we try and merge them into one great one that would hold. But thats only as a final project. You all have different Ideas and I'm really excited about all of them. I'm thinking of following through with all. A lot of you have your favorite sayings and cars. Thats great for my design. But a number of you mentioned "Hawaii Buick Logo". Now with that a Logo is simple, something you can present anywhere, on a business card, in a newspaper. Something that will hold and works with black and white. And it needs a symbolization of Hawaii in it.

ack I have class in ten minutes.

Mahalo,
Lani

Perhaps the "turbo-6" emblem can be incorporated into an icon associated with Hawaii, like ocean waves, coconut trees, volcanoes... whateva.'

I think DRO had a good idea, use the turbo 6 with something significant from Hawaii. Got Boost is a good one too. We have a lot of creative people here.

I know, lets all see how we can make my car faster!!!!:D

Lani, will these be ready for the Oct 5 race??:eek: Just kidding.

My name is Paul, alot shorter than Hawaiian Turbo:)

Mahaloz for the suggestions DRO. Whats the state flower? bird? tree? something. Hmmm...maybe waves that turn into fire...I dunno...maybe too much. Or we can try a ying and yang thing. Hmmm...

By Hawaiian Turbo: I know, lets all see how we can make my car faster!!!! Lani, will these be ready for the Oct 5 race?? Just kidding.

Hahaha. Even if I could get a design by that time. Dunno how soon the shirts could be done. Or everyone could just get in line and i'll draw it on white t-shirts...NOT!:D
I'm willing to try if someone is going to buy me a ticket to hawaii;)

Oh yeah one more thing. Pictures would really help. Like a site where i can look up these cars. Hahaha gimme pictures of your cars! SO you can say...yeah nice shirt huh? thats MY car :D I mean its just, i can't do justice without semi-accuracy. And also, from what angle do you want me to capture these cars? Think line drawings, this is going to be done all by hand. no painting, no photo copies, no tracing. It has to be done by hand. So I need some stuff to work with.

Mahalo,
Lans

I'm a fan of long sleeve shirts. on one sleeve, put the turbobuick.com logo stretch along side (of course with the permision of the turbobuick staff), a small power 6 logo, standard chest area, and a silouette, an out line of the turbo regal (dont forget the bubble hood) with whatever font saying Turbobuicks of Hawaii. black of course.

Wow Turtle. Seems like you got quite a design going there. Nice. If permission is granted the silver will definitly do justice to a black long sleeve. even the red and yellow. I like the silouette idea. Small power 6 logo...like?

Mahalo Turtle,
Lani

Ok, ok...Here's what I propose:

How about a "Turbo 6" logo presented with the Hawaiian island chain in the background?
The logo can read "Turbo Buicks of Hawaii" or "Aloha State Turbo Buicks" or something along those lines.
The island chain design represents the 50th state, while the Power 6 logo denotes turbo cars. The logo simply ties the two images together.
If it were me, I'd put the pictures/logo on the BACK of a T-shirt. Offer any color under the sun as long as black is available. (Doesn't show dirt as much, wear it while you wrench.)
Just my opinion.
Would be nice if this came to be a reality. Irregardless of logos, etc, I buy one 'cause it'd represent all of us as a group. Pretty good thing, if you ask me.

Steve

How about Hawaii Turbo V-6 Club? Some guys have TTAs and Syclones, Typhoons. That way they are included too. Just a thought.

Progress

Ok I have two weeks to put down a final design. My teacher really liked all of them. He himself is having a hard time deciding between my six. So its looking good. I could use some car pictures tho to better the design if someone would be kinda enough to help me with that.

I'll try and get some pics up of the progress.

Mahalo,
Lani

Thanks

Thanks Jackson. Bless your buick soul.:D ;) I would love more pics. Right now i'm trying to figure out how to work the island chain with the turbo v6. THen my break is gonna be working on the design with cars. Theres a lot of cars mentioned in this thread. Which ever you think has the most potential for a the shirt i would love more pictures of. Nice engine btw.

Much Mahalos,
Lani