T&D's and a 206/206 flat tappet

wants a tr

home of the money sucker
i had a 206/212 go bad. So i put in a weber's 206/206 flat tappet with new GM lifters. Installed T&D 1.55s while i was at it.

I know the rollers should be a bit louder, but its really loud. I've set them 5-6 times and nothing changes. They arent loose yet it sounds almost as bad as a lifter.

They are getting oil. And all the lifters are pumped up.

Am I just being picky? You can hear the noise inside the car with the windows up.

Someone help me out here :confused:

Take a close look at the valve covers and the rocker arms for any metal to metal contact. You might have to shave off a small amount off the rocker arm to clear the valve cover.
Jeff

i'm running spacers and there is no contact at all. I've checked everything i can think of. I've ran them with the valve covers off and it still makes the noise.

thanks tho...

Good luck. I had that same exact combo (weber 206/206, new GM lifters, and T&D 1.55 roller rockers). 2000 miles later (after proper 1/2 hr breakin), I got lifter noise.... 2 lobes wiped out. Metal filings through the whole fresh rebuild. $4800 later I've got fresh rebuild minus 10 on the crank and plus 20 on the bore:mad: I did get my $175 back on the cam once comp tested it :rolleyes: I'd run real weak springs till it's got a few thousand miles on it. I had slightly used Kirban springs during my failure. Just giving you my experience. I'm sure others have have done okay. Dave C.