T&D Roller Rocker Problem

Here is a shot with the valve train mocked up. Its kind of hard to see but the washers do not touch the pedestals.

Attachments

• rocker pedestals 004.jpg
    rocker pedestals 004.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 507
It looks like you clearanced the rockers some Dave. Mine don't have the rounded section near the pedistal but they are KB instead of someone else.

Nope! No clearancing done on the rockers. Those are T&D 1.65's, brand new and right out of the box. Fit like a glove after milling the pedestals and cutting the valve guides down.

Anybody running 3/8th pushrods with T&D's and iron heads? Looks like they will work without any grinding.

Dave

FWIW... the TA/T&D's for stock heads and the Harland Sharps are both clearenced slightly (chamfered) on the inside of the rockers where they get close to the stock cast pedestals. The heads still need clearence work, but not as much as when using the unchamfered rockers.

My T&D's made for the TA SI aluminum heads are not clearenced in this area because there is no pedestal/gusset interference, using the steel machined 1-piece pedestal assy specific to those heads.

Harland Sharps:
DSC074122.jpg

TA/T&D rockers for TA Heads:
DSC077182.jpg

It looks like you clearanced the rockers some Dave. Mine don't have the rounded section near the pedistal but they are KB instead of someone else.

Some are clearanced and some are not. Ive got the clearanced rockers to work on heads without touching the pedestals. You need to grind flats on the washers that are next to the pedestals though.

Nope! No clearancing done on the rockers. Those are T&D 1.65's, brand new and right out of the box. Fit like a glove after milling the pedestals and cutting the valve guides down.

Anybody running 3/8th pushrods with T&D's and iron heads? Looks like they will work without any grinding.

Dave

The 3/8 may not work with all rocker ratios and setups.

Yep..

the thought of grinding on the heads while installed in the car sort of scares me-------really hard to insure freedom from contamination -------on numerous engines i have slightly clearanced the lower part of the rockers instead of the pedestals............RC

exactly how I did mine.:cool: