System Pics

Yeah, it is tough when you get serious about it. What's worse is when you do car audio for a living and try to compete seriously at the same time. It's like it takes over your life...car audio day, car audio night, car audio on the weekends...it gets a little much. I had 6 months of consruction and 2 years of tuning in the Grand Prix...

When I built the car I had alot of over nighters on it...all the competition and install time ended up costing me a relationship...I was never around so she "went else where" Oh well...she wasn't worth keeping anyway.

Careful with sponsorships...if you're sponsored, they own you. Sometimes it really isn't worth it.

Originally posted by zam70

Careful with sponsorships...if you're sponsored, they own you. Sometimes it really isn't worth it.

True! Gary's company is very generous and as long as you make all the key events, they stay happy (especially if you place and win) My wife is very supportive if I decide to go, its my job schedule that would be the problem. Gotta see what the future holds :cool: .

Originally posted by zam70

Don't know who you guys have been sponsored by, but all the ones I have ever been or are sponsored by are not at all like you think they are. Not one has ever told me where to go or what to do.

As for competing and taking over your life it has never taken mine over and I have been competing since 1991................

Originally posted by Xtant Regal

Don't know who you guys have been sponsored by, but all the ones I have ever been or are sponsored by are not at all like you think they are.

I never said anything negative about any sponsorships! :confused: Gary has nothing but good things to say about Kicker! (thats who I am considering to go with) and I have had no bad experiences with sponsorship but as far as the statement "If you are sponsored, they own you" it is somewhat true because you have an obligation to that company to fullfill your obligations to them after equipment and moneys have been exchanged. Which I agree with because if you do really well, it benifits you and your sponsor. I cant speak for Zam though ;) .