suspension or body bushings

george harris

I am checking to see if I need shocks, springs or something. When anyone sits in the passenger side rear and I hit a bump or make a sharp right turn it sounds like the tire or something is rubbing. My GN has the air bags in the rear also....

look at the frame rail and see if the tire is deflecting over and put a clean strip on the frame. It's not uncommon for the rear axle to be off center. If it's hitting the fender lip, you'll see the cuttings on the side wall peeled off.

I'm guessing you have wide tires on stock sized rims?

look at the frame rail and see if the tire is deflecting over and put a clean strip on the frame. It's not uncommon for the rear axle to be off center. If it's hitting the fender lip, you'll see the cuttings on the side wall peeled off.

I'm guessing you have wide tires on stock sized rims?

I have 235/r15 on the front and 275 on the back. I not sure if that is real wide, but it just feels as if the suspension needs something done to that side....

I was going to guess 275 on the rear. Mine used to do that when I had 275's on stock rims with my axle off center 3/16"

in my case I swapped upper control arms left to right and that centered my axle to the frame. At the same time I was going body bushings so I made sure my body was centered on the frame when I tightened the bolts down.

The squirming from running 275's went away when I had my rims widened 1". (I even added 1/4" of BS when I had them widened so they'd stay off the fender lip more)

in my case I swapped upper control arms left to right and that centered my axle to the frame. At the same time I was going body bushings so I made sure my body was centered on the frame when I tightened the bolts down.

The squirming from running 275's went away when I had my rims widened 1". (I even added 1/4" of BS when I had them widened so they'd stay off the fender lip more)
Thanks I will try those options