surge at 70mph

1of1035

Yesterday driving on 95 whenever I went 70 and over the car would surge a little then I'd let off the gas and it'd be ok. One time it starting bucking a little when I let off the gas but that only happened once and today it was fine. No codes were set and I wasn't even in boost. I don't think its tranny related, I just did a complete rebuild a few months ago and everything that went in tranny was billet. It hasn't been slipping at all, shifts nice and hard like it has the past few months. Any ideas? TIA

doubt it, didn't feel like any misfires. If it doesn't happen again I might just ignore and hope it stays gone

Are you running a MAF translator? I've noticed a similar problem when I have mine set for the 3.5" sensor. I'm actually running a 3" sensor but have experimented with this setting in the past resulting in a surge at over 70mph especially in warmer temps.

Out of curiousity, whose chip are you running? Does it have any kind of "lean highway cruise" that might not be set up correctly? When you did the rebuild, did you modify the egr system (grind out the tower in the lower manifold, etc.)? A real longshot would be a tcc solenoid beginning to stick.

ijames said:
A real longshot would be a tcc solenoid beginning to stick.

that would be my guess too.. when your driving and it starts to buck like that. keep your foot on the gas and then with your left push the brake, see what happens. if its the TCC that will tell you.