Super Nice Ported, New Ceramic Coated, very low mile stock Headers with ATR crossover

jdpolzin

Hey guys I just got the call from my coater today and my headers are finished so since I bought another set of TA's, I'm selling these. They are virgin headers from an 18K mile car, never had a crack. They were just ported and ceramic coated in Sterling Silver, and my coater does an awesome job! They will also come with a Stainless ATR 2.5" crossover pipe. These headers are beautiful and good for 9's all day. I have $500 plus my own labor into these headers but I will take $475 plus shipping for them. I have picked them up from the coater yet but I will post pics when I do. Very nice deal here guys! -----Jeremy

Here's a couple pics!

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 658
  • headers1.jpg
    headers1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 664
Header coating

Hello Jeremy: I know this is off subject some what; but can you tell me who coated your headers? They look very nice; and I have a set of nice stock headers I would like to have coated. IF you could give me a name and address of the coater I would greatly appreciate it. Also a ball park figure of what it cost. You can send me a e-mail at buickhotair@yahoo.com
Thanks Jerry Berger

Man you got me sold because I was debating with my local coater about cermanic coating mine. Looks great!!!!!

It's well the the money to do! Not cheap but very well worth it! I have pretty much everything coated on both of my cars. My coater loves me! I think I have probably spent enough $$$ with him to pay for his house!

I could have sworn you used a rattle can on them.LOL:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: You better sell them to me if my ATR's sell

I could have sworn you used a rattle can on them.LOL:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: You better sell them to me if my ATR's sell

Tony, if you do want me to hold these for you, I certainly would have no problem doing that. Just let me know man! I'm sure those ATR will sell!

Thanks for the compliments guys but my coater really deserves the credit, he is one meticulous dude!

I just told someone that i would take $875.00 shipped for the ATR SS headers. I haven't heard anything back yet. I will let you know.

Your coater must be a friend of yours or you are a great customer.
Our stock headers are a real PITA to get to look that good......:cool:

Making them uniform around the shields is not that easy.

Looks like he did a great job.....

Thanks very much guys! Actually him and I have become good friends over past few years. I go to his shop pretty much 2 times a week to bring him parts I need coated. Today I brought him a set of long tube headers for a buddies 63 Big block Impala. He said he'd do them for $250 which is a very very good price for those huge headers. He takes a TON of pride in his work and thats pretty much what gets him business. He takes a little extra time on my parts pollishing them!:biggrin:

Wow, those do look great! I had a set of stockers coated a few years ago in town here locally, and I was really disappointed with the results. All they did was tumble polish them and as soon as Iused them, they turned very "chalky" looking. I think they charged me $175 at the time with a crossover.

stock headers

Very nice headers. Question. Since you did all this work on them, coating, porting does this prevent future cracking of the drivers header? The crossover pipe fit the stock headers? Is the crossover a one piece or two piece? Do you need anything else to install the crossover pipe? I am interested in these because my header is cracked and want to upgrade. Thanks. Lynno

Once you ceramic coat a set up headers, the ceramic keeps the heat insulated from the pipe. This is why with ceramic coated hot parts, the engine bay runs much cooler. The heat is kept in the exhaust. These headers are virign headers from a non raced car. My coater has seen many many many sets of headers and I asked him the same question. He said the likelyhood of a crack is next to none if the coater does an adequate job coating the header. The stainless ATR pipe fits stock headers perfectly. This is a very hard piece to find. The pipe itself is a larger diameter than stock and has less dramatic bends to help flow easier. Nothing is needed to be modified with this set up. Just bolt it up. I planned to use these on my Stage 2 motor but I need an external wastegate welded to my header so I am not going to cut these up. ------Jeremy