Suggestions for GNX Style 17" wheels

rkreigh

it seems that the classic industries 17" wheels are getting hard to come by. they seem to always be back ordered. I haven't found any good TA wheels.

looking to pay under $800 for some new 17" GNX wheels. any suggestions. also looking for alternatives, may even go with centerlines or torq thrust style.

this will be on a WHITE GNX replica car. body flares, fender louvers, rear spoiler, ect. won't be doing the fancy gauges just yet, that will be next!!

thanks for any advice.

Originally posted by rkreigh
it seems that the classic industries 17" wheels are getting hard to come by. they seem to always be back ordered. I haven't found any good TA wheels.

looking to pay under $800 for some new 17" GNX wheels. any suggestions. also looking for alternatives, may even go with centerlines or torq thrust style.

this will be on a WHITE GNX replica car. body flares, fender louvers, rear spoiler, ect. won't be doing the fancy gauges just yet, that will be next!!

thanks for any advice.

I thought they were 16" :confused:

Classic Industries GTA wheels are 16" and were never available in 17". The only way you will get 17's is if someone tools up a new cast center section and that seems highly unlikely right now.
Your other option might be to look into some sort of custom after market wheel such as a BBS.
Btw, no one makes a reproduction of the real GNX wheels. Closest you will get are GTA wheels which have different offsets than the "correct" GNX wheels.

oops, sorry guys, I meant 16" wheels. the GTA wheels are fine if I can get them. since I'm going to need new tires, either 16" or 17" is fine.

I heard year one may have the GTA wheels?? anybody have these things that I can get in a reasonable timeframe?? (like a month or two)

thanks!!!

other sources for GTA wheels or options. anyone have a set in very good condition??? thanks.

any ideas??? looking for some cool wheel options for my "white GNX clone" project.

car is getting painted now, and my current tires are shot. thinking of centerline or torq thrust if I can't get the GTA wheels anymore.

any nice used ones for sale?? tia for any tips

idk how much these cost...probaly 800 a wheel :eek: but they would do the trick for me....:D
0111gmhtp_gwhiz02_zoom.jpg

Originally posted by Mr. Tee
idk how much these cost...probaly 800 a wheel :eek: but they would do the trick for me....:D
0111gmhtp_gwhiz02_zoom.jpg
You are right...those wheels are around $800 a piece:eek: