Studdering problem when car is floored

savage6

O.K. guys I have developed a new problem when, at any mph I floor the car, boost starts to climb normally, then at 6-12 lbs it just kind of "studders" for about 1 sec then picks up to my setting of 21 lbs. and pulls hard. It is just in the spool up phase that I am having the problem.

Thanks in advance!

seems like the problem is that you might not be getting sufficient fuel at WOT. Like the person above said, your fuel filter might be clogged. Or worse, your fuel pump might be taking a slow dump on you. Can't go wrong with trying to replace the fuel filter first to see if it remedies your problem :)

I mounted the fuel press. gauge on the windshield and when I go WOT the gauge climbs like it's always done but when the studdering happens the gauge jumps around for a minute and then goes to 65 lbs like normal (set at 45 idle) I tried playing with the pressure but no change. I replaced the fuel filter, no dice, so whats the next suggestion?

BTW It is only during boost at 6-12 psi though, like I said 20-21 lbs feels fine:confused: