stroker

qws2000

I am rebuilding the bottom end of my motor and going with a stroker set up, and a new turbo... My question is should I change the cam or does my 218/212 work? I think I am going with the 6466 turbo.. Also what real benefit will the stroker provide? Most people tell me not to expect a big change just from the stroker crank??

Thats what cam I'm going with for my stroker ,I think its worth a try.

You don't need as much converter and the low end torque is seat of the pants stronger...you'll feel it.
Less converter is a my favorite part... Most any bb turbo can do the job with a 3200 stall .. My car spools instantly with the 63 journal bearing.

....................Less converter is a my favorite part... Most any bb turbo can do the job with a 3200 stall .. My car spools instantly with the 63 journal bearing.

Since you did not define "the job" or how you use your car, but the proper converter stall is needed for more than instant spool? :confused:

Most every owner has specific performance goals which may be street or strip, or both, and there are many variables in the combination that must be met to achieve those goals.

With my BB70 turbo in my race car or the TE-45A in my street car, either would not even come close to my expectations using a 3200 stall converter, and would not even consider a 3200 with a 63 turbo.

You may like your 3200 converter, but with my street car it is almost impossible to spin the tires [295x15] leaving a stop light or any time at full throttle because the 3800 converter is loose enough to accelerate the car very strong w/o spinning the tires.

I am just pointing out you cannot make a specific statement as a fact for everyone because it works for you, especially as every driver and car is different. :)

For example, your TTA has a different rear end ratio as well as different tires and suspension than a Regal.

To address the original post, the stroker engines I have built for my use did not show a big change in normal spirited driving with all else being the same, but at higher RPM they do pull a little better.

Nick,

With owning many tta's, my stroker motor is by far more torquey down low. So that takes your argument out of the equation. as far as spool up.... that is perspective. 90% of these cars are street/strip, so there is a little bit of range. I try to keep topics positive. If that involves tech advise, then I go off my experience and what others have experienced combined. Sorry to OP.

Im hoping for "make you shit your pants" torque with my stroker and 67HPQ!!! and Dusty's convertor.

I have gone 125 mph in the 1/4 with the same turbo, cam, downpipe, intercooler, converter at 27psi in my stock stroke engine. Now with a 255 inch or so stroker, porting intake and bigger throttle body and air intake GN1 heads only needs 17-18psi boost to run 125 mph in the 1/4. The 3000 stall 9/11 lockup is tight on the street but 0-1 psi boost is 3100 rpm to launch. The stroker sounds healthier and there is much better low end grunt just cruising around town.

whats the cubes on a 3.8 stroker vs a 4.1 stroker thinking what block i want to use have a 3.8 would have to get a 4.1

I am rebuilding the bottom end of my motor and going with a stroker set up, and a new turbo... My question is should I change the cam or does my 218/212 work? I think I am going with the 6466 turbo.. Also what real benefit will the stroker provide? Most people tell me not to expect a big change just from the stroker crank??

Sorry to hear.
What happened to your motor? Knocking?

The stroke isn't adding that much displacement. It isn't like the old V8's going from a 454 to 500+. I think improvement is going from a 20+ year old engine with some miles on it to a fresh engine with good ring and valve seal. Everybody gets excited over a stroker because of the old V8's. The extra stroke isn't a game changer.

qws2000 said:
NO Knocking at all. I just wanted to build another motor

This is the motor sitting at Dave's shop right?

Looks really good I saw it the other day

Yes, ......Thanks for the comp, (Kid) I am going to try to pull it all together with some real nice stuff. Should run pretty well