Street Car Shootout

Originally posted by vette40th
Shelby Cobra kit car?? I think that is what is coming from the mainland. TurboV6, you bought the car from Monte, right, or are you the other guy that bugs Mike all the time. Sorry if I made a mistake.

No that not me that my boss Jim, i'm Jackson on of the installers, I work at town twice a week usually thursday's and friday's. The Shelby Cobra should be back at the shop had clutch problems and his 67 fast back is still being worked on.

shoot out

Hey paul

I agree with you. It's not to be complaintive, it's just point out the facts and you're right. BTW what's the difference between Paul and Jason. Both took the money.:mad:

Boy am I retarded, there was a money pay out? Who got what 1-3rd? 1st and 2nd?
Steve

The payouts are usually for 1st,2nd,3rd and maybe 4th.So you should have gotten some money. Don't know how much but I would go check.
But DON'T TAKE A CHECK.;)

Originally posted by vette40th
Boy am I retarded, there was a money pay out? Who got what 1-3rd? 1st and 2nd?
Steve

What place did you get? Before it use to be $250 1st, $100 2nd and $50 for 3rd.

Paul payed, 125 tonight at the track for 3rd at fastest street car shootout. Great guy.

Yup barboza's yellow camaro.... nice "street car" the only part of the car that sees the street is the wheels of the trailer that it rides on. Dont get me wrong, the car is quick, is indeed a street car, and no bottle. I work with him and get my weekly updates. (from him) he needs to drive it on the street. IMHO, though, a true street car can run to the track, run at the track, then run home, without the aid of a trailer. Though trailers can be bought as "back -up", should something break. but if the car cannot drive out of the track, it is DQ'd from the shoot out. fair enough?

We could make it really hard, saying the cars have to pass recon, also (try that in a tubbed camaro) as Recons rules seem to get more stringent as time goes on...and any changes require re-certification. am I a pain in the butt or what?

Rob

Well it is Pauls decision on the rules, as it is his track. I look at it this way, I ran damn good, had a good time. My old Chevelle would have been legal, and I drove it every day for years. It had a 454 (503 rwhp), turbo 400 and 4.11 gears. Gas mileage sucked, but being single and in the service allowed me to be a rebel. It ran low 11's wiuth M&H racemaster N50/15's and a 3000 rpm stall by B&M. It would have been a good run with Barooza. But that was then this is now, I have a pretty quick car and I am sure he knows it. Now the 2nd place car, the Lingenfelter, OUCH that car is BAD.