Street Car Shootout

Cale22

Doh!
Saw the two GN's running tonight. TRBOV6, and the sponsored one with stickers on it. TRBOV6, your car is NIIICE. Me and my friends were checking it out for a while, the engine looks like you could eat off it! Nice runs guys! :D

Cale

that's jackson's. TurboV6 himself. He's a pimp! :D I dont know which one's got the stickers. :rolleyes: I know Paul (Hawaiian Turbo) has some on his rear window. He has the white TR.

Hey Turtle,

Do you post on the speedhawaii/hs3 boards? I recognize your "speed is my bitch" signature, and the fact that you drive a TR. Ha ha. (post whore right?)

Cale

Originally posted by Turtle TR
He's a pimp! :D .

HEHE! :D

Acutally there was 3 GN's and one T, me, Greg (with the GAS-MAINA.COM sticker) and Gerold and Paul with the white T. It was a screwed up race. We never had a fair race, there was a few 10 sec cars (looks like non street cars) and the rest 11 sec cars, the class was limited one power adder and they consider the turbo one power adder :mad: so Paul could not use use NOS. None of us made it to the quick 8.

I think they need to change that name(STREET car shootout). I haven't seen and don't think I'll ever see those cars on the street, or at least 5 miles from their house. Then I see them all get trailered home. WTF?????

Sorry, just venting here. Think I'll buy a rail and put plates on it. *LOL*

I drive my car every day and it is a street car with no power adders. I was in the TS Quick 8, first time I ran the event in Hawaii. The rules definitely are different, but they are the rules.

I ran a 12.17 at 115, no boost or juice.

We should had been in that class with you guys would have been a good match. Who won 1st?

vette40th.....

Are you Mike's friend with the maroon hard top Vette?

Mike Renfro? Yes. I think the yellow 68 Camaro won. I have no gripes, I was just happy to get in the top 3, as far as ET's are concerned, in my class.
I have no problem with turbos or superchargers in the class. taht is what we ran at Rockingham. The only thing was we seperated carburetor cars , because they can be a different beast altogether. Tires were within fenderwells, street legal (ie inspection etc and insurance) and no trailers.

Where do you work, the alarm shop or Lex Brodies?
MOnte was there with the Vette, but he is leaving soon for Maine, and didnt want to race as he cant afford to break something now. He is shipping the car soon.

I was refering to the EZ street class. That was with one power adder, and they counted our factory turbo as one . How do they expect us to keep up with big blocks using juice? I may sound like a whiner, but they have DOUBLE our CID.

I agree with Jackson, we should have been in True Street, would have been a better match. Congrat's on your top 3 !! Barboza won? I seen his car car going home on the trailer too. Nice street car:rolleyes:

Paul,

If you're referring to Barboza as in B&B Racing, their cars are fast and definitely not street driven. From what I've seen, they always get trailered to the track.

I thought there was a rule that said no trailers allowed in HRP on the FSC shootout day. I guess they can bend the rules for their friends and counting a car that came with a factory turbo as a power adder is bunch of Bull****. I remember the black 8 sec. camaro leaving his trailer at the kapolei shopping center then driving to HRP. Another nice "street car":rolleyes:

While waiting in line we seen a camaro on a trailer pulled on the side road and then brought the car out of the trailer and drove it in line with us waiting to get in.

Shelby Cobra kit car?? I think that is what is coming from the mainland. TurboV6, you bought the car from Monte, right, or are you the other guy that bugs Mike all the time. Sorry if I made a mistake.