Story from when I got my tta

turbows6

I remember when I got my TTA. I live and grew up around the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri (where I guess I lived a little sheltered) and saw it for sale online in the Chicago area. The salesman was a little weird and creepy. One story he told had him laughing about some midget that used to do appearances on the Mancow radio show had gotten run over and killed by a car. He seemed shady. This was in Shaumberg and I had just left the dealership and drove like 4 or 5 blocks away to eat. We parked the TTA and the Grand Cherokee next to each other in a mostly unoccupied lot right next to the restaurant and got in and out of the place in about 30 minutes. When I went around the corner and looked at where the vehicles were parked the Jeep was there and right next to it was an empty parking spot. I had that sinking feeling in my stomach. Then we noticed a sign that said parking was only for customers of the office building and others would be towed at owners expense of 50$. After we finally found out what happened to my car. I got on the phone and called the number to the place that had it locked up. They gave me a street address and I told them I was from out of the area and I needed directions. (Big Mistake) When we drove out of the lot we noticed a rollback tow truck waiting for other violators parked out of the way where it wouldn't be noticed. I thought to myself "you f**king c***suckers". When we got to the impound I saw the car setting behind the chain link fence with the temp dealer tags still taped up in the back window. Miraculously it didn't cost 50$ for me, they knew I wasn't local so it was 150$. I paid with a smile on my face and vowed I wouldn't be back to Chicago again.

my story when I sold my wifes TTA ... Woman owned .. she never abused it !!! raced by me since it was new :p

Dan tell me another story!!!!!!!!!!!

Turbows6 at least you got the car back in one PEICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD

my TTA was the best car I owned as far as the "fun" factor :biggrin: Damm that car took a beating :p

Good story, thankfully you got it back ok

Here's mine real quick. Back around 1999 I bought my first TTA, #861, picked it up at a repairables lot(was a stolen recovery). Went to the lot after midnight the night the Buy Lines paper came out to see if it was real and waited there for the place to open. Bought it on the spot, was asking 6500 I got it for 5200 with 23K on the clock and missing the seats, the intercooler, and some misc engine electronics. Good thing I did cause for at least a year after I'd run into people that said they went down to buy it that day only to find it was sold first thing in the morning :) I've been hooked ever scince :D

Steve

I'll take a wild guess. The restaurant was HOOters right next to Woodfield shopping mall? :D

This was in Shaumberg and I had just left the dealership and drove like 4 or 5 blocks away to eat. We parked the TTA and the Grand Cherokee next to each other in a mostly unoccupied lot right next to the restaurant and got in and out of the place in about 30 minutes. When I went around the corner and looked at where the vehicles were parked the Jeep was there and right next to it was an empty parking spot. I had that sinking feeling in my stomach. Then we noticed a sign that said parking was only for customers of the office building and others would be towed at owners expense of 50$.

Heading to the track today, have some overheating issues, may have a tweaked H/G, not always a good idea to reuse cometics?????????

will keep you posted!!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D

one way or another will be in Reynolds,CAN'T WAIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Well didnt have a tweaked H/G , some how leaned out #2 cyl. and burn't a hole in the piston!!!!!!!!!!!

working on getting the pieces to put it back together!!!!!!

fell strongly that I had a bad injector, going to change inj.,ecm,chip and fuel inj. wiring harness.

back at B/G had Russ make me a new set of plug wires,had a old set of magnecors and one of the boots came off and I had issues with #2 cyl. then, not looking for anyother problems:eek: :eek:

well the little problem wasn't just the wires!!!!!

there is a total LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP HAPPEN RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED, TRYING VERY HARD TO MAKE IT TO REYNOLDS WITH THE TTA!!!!!!

thanks JD :) :) :)

I got one. Finally found "the" TTA after looking online for a long time. Communicated back and forth with the seller and you could tell the vehicle was well cared for. I decided to buy it. I live in RI the car was living in MD. Sent the buyer a deposit and flew Southwest one way with my bride. The seller met us at a local pancake house where we exchanged funds and paper work, and even bought us breakfast. He was kind enough to let me drive with his plates back to RI. As luck would have it is was rainy, lightly all the way home. I got about 3 exits into the NJ turnpike and the sky opened up and I saw a whole lot of sun and dry pavement ahead. My co-pilot was fast asleep in the luxuriuos leather seats beside me. The urge to see how far the gas pedal traveled had been eating at me the entire ride home. The wet roads had defeated me to act upon the urge. Well the dry pavement and the sunshine where light the last yellow falling on the tree. I dropped the pedal to the floor, the boost gauge climbed and then <bang>, no forward gears. It was loud enough to wake my honey from her sound sleep. She thought I was playing with her when I said I had broken the car. Long story short I called the seller who helped my try to find a local shop to bring the car to for repairs, but in the end I decided to tow it home to bring it to my friend who is very good at taking car of transmission problems. The tow from NJ to RI was close to $900. Seller paid half and we didn't get home until 2AM. I can laugh at it now, but man was she pissed standing on the side of the road. She eventually calmed down and helped me remove the 200 on our backs in the garage. Been a great car. I love it.