stock turbo with a Vig 3200 converter

NEARING

I have an extra converter in the garage and am thinking about putting it in my 86-T.
It's a Vig 3200 non lock up.
Was wondering how fast this will spool up:D
Am installing a Dutt neck on the my extra intercooler at the same time.
Has anyone put a converter behind a stock turbo?
I will be going to a TE44 later.

Had a Vigilante single disk lockup 3000 stall with my stock turbo for about 3000 miles, spooled up real quick, no problems driving it.

Put the PTE51 on the car last week as a matter of fact.

3200 is a bit high but since you are going with the new turbo soon why not.

Most will say the D5 will work with both turbos anyway so go bigger like a 60 or 61. ;)

Scott:

All I can say is poor little turbo! I'm thinking it's going to frustrate you by it being so mis-matched. My guess is that you're going to work that little guy hard at all times. Now you've got me interested in what it's really going to do. I had a converter that was way too loose on both ends, and the dang turbo would scream just to start moving. The first 60' was fun, after that...nothing.

-Bobby

PS - Why not put the 63 on this car and get a 70-something for the other car? :eek:

I had a stock car with a art carr 16930.
It went 12.5 @ ~105. The stock valve springs
and big conveter killed my mph.

Yeah.... you don't need that big ole convertor with that li'l ole turbo. Just send it on down to me and I'll put it to good use.:D J/K man. I know that with the TE-60 I had on my car the orange stripe I had in it at the time didn't do much for it. It still spooled like I had the stock convertor in it. I'm waiting to see how slow my new TE63-1 is gonna spool with my stock convertor.:(