stock turbo specs

Read Dave's and my post with pic. It has the correct size if you know how to read a map and the info.

ok sry i missed that part i was more looking at the map and crunching some numbers go see if the map was good for my car at the boost i want to run

If you want a better idea of twisted six power click on the socond link in my sig. Three maps and I'm combining two in to one and there's no map for it. LOL

well for those of u that were helping me out w this i got something put together, i used the cold side only from a stock GN turbo w a .48 exhaust housing. and i have to say im really quite impressed w it so far get into spooling at about 2400RPM and by 3200 im at 18psi i havent pushed it any more than that yet since i have to get the tuning bugs worked out. the turbo i had was a 50trim t3/t4 w a .63 hot side. it only really wanted to make power at 20plus psi. this turbo makes more power at 10-12 psi than i was making on 20 w the old turbo plus as an added bonus it sounds like a 747 powering up when its spools up . just wanted to say thanks to those who tossed a few ideas at me

You're very welcome. The smaller exducer should help you and I'd like to know how you do in the traps. Keep us informed on how you do.

ive just done a little playing around on the street`s but im pretty sure that w some traction and getting more aggressive w the tune and it will put up a pretty stout number for what it is, stone stock the car ran 15.91 at 94 on the tiny IHI turbo. im hoping to crack the 13`s at about 105 w just boost on a pretty stock motor my overall goal w the car is to run 12.50`s on boost alone and maybe 11`s w spray and a cam

I don't see why you can't make it to the 11's with just boost and alky. The 2.3 ferd is under rated on how much power you can produce but you need to use an auto to make it work better. If you have a stick then you'll be much slower than the rest of us.

i have alot of experiance w the t-5 i held a unnofficial record for a stock t-5 in a third gen for ET and MPH, i have a auto for the car but dont really want to loose some of the fun that is involved w having a 5spd car and using it as a DD

and now i got it runing right aaaannnnd it blew up lol well time for a new bigger better 2.something

That sucks but at least you got it running right. LOL That's the luck if you don't do the research first. Hope you get going again soon so keep us updated please.

i have alot of experiance w the t-5 i held a unnofficial record for a stock t-5 in a third gen for ET and MPH, i have a auto for the car but dont really want to loose some of the fun that is involved w having a 5spd car and using it as a DD

That sucks its broke. Hopefully not too bad. When you get it going consider a 3.35 or better yet a 2.95 1st T5 and use a 2 step to build boost on the line. It will really wake up your 60' and 330'.

i have a complete longblock so i think im gonna do a junkyard stroker and build a 2.5 the 98-99 rangers had a 2.5 and i can put it in my 2.3 block only difference is the stroke and the 2.5 is a forged crank so il gain some cubes that way. it spun a main bearing, gonna do a header , and a healthy roller cam, port the head and intake, mill the head so i have actual compression stock is 7.8/1 so it should run pretty good