stock transmission shifts

the wrath

i dont know if my trans is slipping or what when i first got the car it used to bark 1-2 shift and sometimes 3-4 very light now it shifts like it is in a cadillac this is my first time owning a turbo buick i dont know how it is supposed to shift if there is anything wrong let me know how i can fix it oh the car has the original trans it has 75,000 miles on it and the fluid is still blood red and there is no residue in the bottom of the pan

usually this complaint occurs because of a glitch in the accumulator systems pressure balancing circuitry.this haqppens after the car has racked up some miles and the holding capacity of the the friction material is not synchronized with accumulator pressure. as material faces wear there is a difference in the way forces are grounded through the face of a particular friction material .this happens alot when a car changes hands and a different foot is pushing the pedal . the paper lining must now conform to a different loading pattern .as the motor gets older the piston rings no longer have as much frictional drag on the cylinder walls and this increases power output in most cases making the frictions sometimes become overloaded and disrupt shift quality .anyway always check tv adjustment before condemning the trans although uit may need an o haul.ill supply you with a free shift calibration kit if you agree to post the results on the board .this may solve your problem .call us at 7186264315/www.ckperformance.com

My car has the same problem except it has 120,000 miles. I changed the fluid and filter and all seems okay. I also checked the TV adjustment it is set properly from what I can tell. From what I have read recently on the board I may have a 1-2 flair? Would your calibration kit help? If so I would be more than happy to install and post results afterwards. I have installed a transgo sift kit in a th350 where I removed all springs and swapped in different ones so I am familar with valve body work and I love the way tranny fluid conditions my hair :) nothing better. Let me know

thanks
Kevin

contact the shop tomorrow and we will get this in motion .providing the band isnt burnt this kit is definately worth the labor to put it in .several of my friends at gm had some input when this thing was developed as well as my own trial and errors and desire to make it the best. many builders think brutal shifts are what is needed to keep a 2004r together but this only creates problems ,uncomfortable lite throttle manners and a whole array of others parts that that had to be made because of this way of thinking. this in my opinion is not very smart or cost effective .anybody else want one ?its free and this way you can see what we are all about here at ck performance.

I have a similar situation with my 78k mile tranny.I would try it out and gladly post results.pm me and I will send my address and any other info you need to start the evaluation process

shift

I have the same problem in a 54,000 mile 86 brf transmission.The fluid has been changed every year and there is no material or burnt smell to the fluid.I would gladly post results.What do I have to do to get a kit?Bruce

My 87 GN has this issue as well. It will bark them good when cold, but as it warms up to operating temp. the shifts turn into Caddy style. I'd like to try the kit, I'll be glad to post the results. What is the install procedure, how long does it take?

i hour install. call the shop at 718 626 4315 we will set you up .we gave away 2 and never heard anything so if this is read by these individuals please post results.

kit

If I get a kit I will definitely post.I can install it this Saturday if I get it in time.Bruce