Stock trans on a GN

Hector Hernandez

Al throttle no bottle :)
I have a stock trans just with a shift kit and a little work done to it with a 3400 5 disk Convertor good to run tens or should I go with something different

Well I have a new motor that I'm going put in ported irons 30 over and forge internals and a big turbo t66 with front mount just looking to go into the tens and drive around with the Ac in the summer

I may be mistaken but I believe multi disc converters need a mod to dual feed the converter for extra pressure to the discs. Someone with more experience with them might chime in. They are also known to "rattle".

You're not kidding about the rattle. My Precision lockup makes people ask if some bolts have fallen off in the drivetrain. You get used to the noise. Now all I need is a better anti stall chip.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So before I put it on the trans what do I need or is it ok just to put it on all I'm going to get is a little ratle

So before I put it on the trans what do I need or is it ok just to put it on all I'm going to get is a little ratle

You're not kidding about the rattle. My Precision lockup makes people ask if some bolts have fallen off in the drivetrain. You get used to the noise. Now all I need is a better anti stall chip.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Oh ya, I've heard that they tend to cause the engine to stall when you put them in gear too.

Since it's already in maybe just go ahead and run it to see what happens? I don't know if the solution to the stalling is to raise up the idle rpm some which could be done by Eric after you find out how it behaves.

I think it's more "finicky". Certain items tend to fail or just go bad enough to cause you to chase your tail looking for the solution to why it's not running right. Modding just adds to the craziness.:D

You need to look at a stage 1 trans from Lonnie at Extreme Automatics and a 9/11 converter.

should go without saying ...
step 1....before you install something ..read the manual

Attachments

• install_manual vig multi disc.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 240
I have the same torque convertor stalled at 3200 in front of an all billet tranny and behind a well built stroker. 24k miles and many passes later still works perfect. 22 mpg on hwy. When I lock it at the track the car feels like I just hit the nitrous button. For as much as I drive it I had to have a lock up.