Stock RWHP-before and after basic mods

GMLC2V6

Anyone use a chassis dyno with their stock '86/'87 TR to determine RWHP? And then do a few mods (test pipe,chip,Filter,fuel pump) and rebaseline?

Probably not a bad idea to do, but no i just slapped em on and am goin to the track this weekend see what shes got. ;)

Mine was done just before I bought it. Print out is in a folder at home . Biggest increase was in torque as I remember. I'll shoot the numbers later tonight with the changes that were done.

Unless you have a way of safely upping the boost on the mostly stock car even after the mods. you posted it ain't gonna make much more if any power.

Most aftermarket chips assuming a street chip will lower timing at the same 14/15 or so psi. stock boost levels.

Look for 240-270 RWHP for the true stocker.

Watch the boost level after the test pipe addition it may creep up a couple of pounds and possibly reach detonation levels.

Good gas, alky, or a xylene mix, and higher boost is another story.

Seeing improvements at the track was pretty much my method too.

I tried to dyno my car with only a cold air intake installed and it made some god awful noise that almost made me cry and caused me to end the run at about 3500rpm. Still hit 230-somethin. Even the guy operating the dyno looked over at me right away like "what the hell was that?".

Dyno

I feel your pain.I had my wife pick me up after it started making noise on the second pull.Hoping it's just a push rod or rocker arm.It made 462.8 before the noise.

Turbo6Chicago said:
I tried to dyno my car with only a cold air intake installed and it made some god awful noise that almost made me cry and caused me to end the run at about 3500rpm. Still hit 230-somethin. Even the guy operating the dyno looked over at me right away like "what the hell was that?".

GMLC2V6 said:
Anyone use a chassis dyno with their stock '86/'87 TR to determine RWHP? And then do a few mods (test pipe,chip,Filter,fuel pump) and rebaseline?

I should have stated a "street" chip with the octane to support it........

In the old Eastern Performance catalogue from 10+ years ago they had a few dyno numbers on some nearly stock cars. I cant find mine at this time though. They did a 84-85, an 86-87, and a TTA. There were some mods done but all the cars were set up nearly identical. They did before and and after cat removal, and open exhaust on them. If anyone has that old catalog post up the numbers.

Found it. Stock (72 y.o. man owned, 104k miles) 226.8 hp, 345.5 tq.
36lb inj w/ matched chip,open air filter, open exh.,adj FP reg,... 248.6hp, 407.8tq.A/F bottomed out at 3k rpm and rose up to 12's @ 4600rpm. IIRC, the owner said it was @ 20psi.
This car was not tuned by any of the professionals like on this board, so numbers are gonna vary, but I hope this is in the ballpark of what you were looking for.