Stock Rad Fan Not Working Now?????

87BLKGN

Hey Guys
I just got the GN running again today, Had the engine out for a few maintenance things I wanted to do, Timing Chain, Water Pump, Rear Main Seal, Valve Springs and just cleaning, painting a re gasketing everything. Well Everything is plugged back in, car fired run up, and first thing I noticed was the fan didnt come on, With the new chip I got, the fan would come on when the engine was running. I checked the plug with a test light, and find that now, the plug isnt getting any power, I checked ( I believe) every fuse under the driver side dash also with a test light, all the fuses lit up on both sides telling me the fuse is good. I have no idea why there is no power goin to the fan now. Is there some other fuses in the car that would send power to the fan, I tried checking a Buick Chiltons book, but its not telling me anything, Its also not for a Grand National either, says regal on it, so I thought it would work for this.

I appreciate the Help on this, Thanks again

I had the problem of the fan not running before. Mine turned out to be one of the wires pulled off the post on the starter. The post that has three wires hooked to it.

really, the wires on the starter control giving power to the rad fan? seems odd, but i'll look into it. Thanks for the idea, Anything else I should look for?

Well, shows ya how much I know, Checking the starter, there was on was that got stuck between the block and the starter, Couldnt see it at all, I felt it, then pulled it out, hooked it up, and walla, fan works now. I thank you so much for the insight, I dont know if I wouldve figured that one out without that guidance. Thanks again:cool:

Nice! I wouldn't have figured it out either when I had my problem until somebody told me to check the starter wires.

if the wires are still on the starter there is also a fusible link in the wire that gos from starter to the fan relay that also could be your probly ask me how i i found out theres a fusible link there lets just say over heat blew heater control valve in my drive way then relised fan wasnt comming on lucky i kept the heads on the engine