stock MAP sensor

MauDeuce50

Need Rehab for Boost Addiction
How much boost can I safely run on the stock MAP sensor? I just installed a 5831 and plan on turning the boost up to around 25 on 110 octane at the track. Do I absolutely have to get a 3 bar?

The factory map sensor does nothing but light up the useless stock boost light bar.
To turn up the boost, you need a chip that will supply the fuel needed. With a stock mass airflow sensor, you will go lean with more boost than the chip is burned for.

The factory map sensor does nothing but light up the useless stock boost light bar.
To turn up the boost, you need a chip that will supply the fuel needed. With a stock mass airflow sensor, you will go lean with more boost than the chip is burned for.
ok thanks. I have an old Joe Lubrant 110 octane chip that got me a 7.88 and I had the boost set at 19ish psi on the stock turbo, I am sure it is burned for more than 19 but I'll definitely watch for knock

Something else to keep in mind.... Try and put a few bucks away every day for the new engine fund.

Bench racing with the boost gauge is a one way street to a car that can't move under it's own power.

Something else to keep in mind.... Try and put a few bucks away every day for the new engine fund.

Bench racing with the boost gauge is a one way street to a car that can't move under it's own power.
You got that right, she's got a lot of miles on her!