Stock maf as blow through

i has been done Doc1of7 did it before he died and the results were good. It makes sense from a science standpoint. By doing that it moves the pressure drop from the MAF to after the turbo where is hurts the flow much less. Obviously it has to be done with a metal MAF as boost will blow the stock unit to pieces and the chip has to be changed to account for the different environment.

If I'm ever perfectly happy with my tune I'll probably move mine since I can make my own custom up pipes.

i has been done Doc1of7 did it before he died and the results were good. It makes sense from a science standpoint. By doing that it moves the pressure drop from the MAF to after the turbo where is hurts the flow much less. Obviously it has to be done with a metal MAF as boost will blow the stock unit to pieces and the chip has to be changed to account for the different environment.

If I'm ever perfectly happy with my tune I'll probably move mine since I can make my own custom up pipes.
Why would you want to ??

Why not just eliminate it ?
Reason I ask is because I purchased the car with the stock maf after the turbo, has a 4" pipe in on 70mm turbo on stock block. chip has red smiley face. got code 45 just now after install. Sorry first GN just learning

Yes I seen them with the lt1 maf not the stock.

Reason I ask is because I purchased the car with the stock maf after the turbo, has a 4" pipe in on 70mm turbo on stock block. chip has red smiley face. got code 45 just now after install. Sorry first GN just learning

yeah the ECU is complaining its rich ..

Put the stock MAF back on the inlet side of the turbo ... Don't re-invent the wheel here .. along this topic .. I would ditch the stock MAF and update to a LS style or even better .. update the chip to a SD type where you don't need a MAF ... IF your a newbie.. simplest thing to do would be update to a LS maf with a translator and get a TT chip ... by the time you do all that your almost there on a SD chip .. need a powerlogger / scanmaster either way

yeah the ECU is complaining its rich ..

Put the stock MAF back on the inlet side of the turbo ... Don't re-invent the wheel here .. along this topic .. I would ditch the stock MAF and update to a LS style or even better .. update the chip to a SD type where you don't need a MAF ... IF your a newbie.. simplest thing to do would be update to a LS maf with a translator and get a TT chip ... by the time you do all that your almost there on a SD chip .. need a powerlogger / scanmaster either way
Yes just as I was thinking on the way is 60lbs injectors and chip should be here Monday and got the scanmaster in, set the iac and tps already. What do you think of the turbo? The reason why I ask about the maf after turbo is because I can only hit 5# of boost feels like car breaks up won't accelerate.

Yes just as I was thinking on the way is 60lbs injectors and chip should be here Monday and got the scanmaster in, set the iac and tps already. What do you think of the turbo? The reason why I ask about the maf after turbo is because I can only hit 5# of boost feels like car breaks up won't accelerate.

I would say with a 70mm turbo the car better be 9 second setup ... and really question why it has a stock MAF on it other than the goof you got it from was clueless ...

I would need to know a lot more about the setup and goals before I could offer up any type of valuable suggestion

I would say with a 70mm turbo the car better be 9 second setup ... and really question why it has a stock MAF on it other than the goof you got it from was clueless ...

I would need to know a lot more about the setup and goals before I could offer up any type of valuable suggestion
All stock block and trans only mods
PTE70 turbo
70mm tb
1"spacer
Hot wire
And the chip is has now has a smiley face on it so I know it is not stock.

Idk about last guy looks like he just slapped parts in it to make it look nice
Goals are a good street car and ready to mash if need be
I'm looking at a 57mm garret or te44
Also have a 2800 stall going in
And alky

All stock block and trans only mods
PTE70 turbo
70mm tb
1"spacer
Hot wire
And the chip is has now has a smiley face on it so I know it is not stock.

Idk about last guy looks like he just slapped parts in it to make it look nice
Goals are a good street car and ready to mash if need be
I'm looking at a 57mm garret or te44
Also have a 2800 stall going in
And alky

There is a 44 for sale http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/te-44-turbo.447077/

Pretty good deal on a 44 ...

That 70 is killing your car .. sell it move into that 44 I posted above ..
IF its got a D5 in it ... with a 44 + ALKY + some good tuning I wouldn't change the convertor just yet .

Thanks I'll look in to it. Do you think the turbo and maf are causing the breakup?

MAf for sure .. start there .. until that is PRE turbo .. all bets are off ...

I would wait for the chip + injectors to come in .. then put the MAF back on the turbo inlet and see how it runs .. you have too many unknowns here.. CHIP , MAF installed in a fashion it isn't designed to run in ( who knows if its even good)

MAf for sure .. start there .. until that is PRE turbo .. all bets are off ...

I would wait for the chip + injectors to come in .. then put the MAF back on the turbo inlet and see how it runs .. you have too many unknowns here.. CHIP , MAF installed in a fashion it isn't designed to run in ( who knows if its even good)
Yes I have a list of the things I need and so far are coming in sooner than I thought. That 44 is a good deal. Just need the maf pipe to put the puzzle together. Oh I forgot it has a front mount?

Yes I have a list of the things I need and so far are coming in sooner than I thought. That 44 is a good deal. Just need the maf pipe to put the puzzle together. Oh I forgot it has a front mount?

Get the 44 on there .. you can find Grand National Inlet pipes all over Ebay, Parts section on here .. they are a dime a dozen..

With the 44 , MAF relocated ( keep in mind the stock MAF you have on there now maybe junk as most stock ones are )
TT chip , 60's it should run much better ...

Don't keep running it with that Code 45 .. otherwise you'll be doing a rebuild

Get the 44 on there .. you can find Grand National Inlet pipes all over Ebay, Parts section on here .. they are a dime a dozen..

With the 44 , MAF relocated ( keep in mind the stock MAF you have on there now maybe junk as most stock ones are )
TT chip , 60's it should run much better ...

Don't keep running it with that Code 45 .. otherwise you'll be doing a rebuild
She's parked for the winter so no street time right now. I'm looking at 3" lt1 and translator, why keep wasting money on a maf that might not be good. I'll buy once and be done with it, thanks for the info I'll talk to toxic soon. Here's a laugh this was my fuel tank connectors lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
She's parked for the winter so no street time right now. I'm looking at 3" lt1 and translator, why keep wasting money on a maf that might not be good. I'll buy once and be done with it, thanks for the info I'll talk to toxic soon. Here's a laugh this was my fuel tank connectors lol

Not too bad ... be thankful they didn't use wire nuts and electric tape .. or my personal favorite just twisting the wire ends together and duct tape.
takes all kinds

Not too bad ... be thankful they didn't use wire nuts and electric tape .. or my personal favorite just twisting the wire ends together and duct tape.
takes all kinds
Oh there was lots of tape believe me I'll keep you posted on my car thx again