Stock GN's look out for F-150's! Sounds crazy doesn't it?

I'm shooting for 12's. :) Not with my 35" mud terrains, of course.

001-3_zps65477721.jpg

I'm not just saying this because I drive a ford but these new v6's are nothing to sneeze at. Have you seen the ecoboost "torture test"? If no it's worth watching.

Never really been a fan of the Ford trucks, but i guess anything is possible with a turbo....or two

A lot of these new trucks can leave a serious hurting on most mid 80s muscle. My 2013 Ram Express (single cab) gets up and moves. I wouldn't be surprised to see it run low 14s. On the Eco boost fords I'm not surprised one bit. We all know what turbos can do ;)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I drive a 2011 ecoboost f150 for construction.. it does everything my f250 did and more.. i actually have to lift off the gas on the highway with a heavy load.. I do have air bags a level and 10 ply tires on it along with the Livernois tune. It rides a little stiff but I always think the performance is like what he GN had when it was stock..It actually presses you back in the seat well..lol

As an Ecoboost owner (3.5 V6 twin turbo, Lincoln MKT) I can personally attest to their sheer power in pure stock form. I know nobody was really watching during our last Turbo Buick/Gbody nats in N.C. but I had a little shootout with the two F150's that were there, and managed to squeek out a victory over both.
One was a two wheel drive (XRay's truck) which I took down quite handilly because of his traction disadvantage. The other, a 4 wheel drive of Paul Ferry's was a tough!!! competition!!!! We were only separated by a few hundreths at the line but I did get the best two out of three on that one.
Running 9.3's all day!! Not sure what 9.3 would equate to in the quarter, but it was fun!!!! With my AWD I was able to launch on the foot brake at WOT (which was only 2#'s of boost). During the run in stock form it pushes on average about 10# of boost. All that with 10.5:1 CR, and on 87 octane gas!! I think with 93 octane and had I remembered to turn traction control off, I might have been able to do better.

I thought 9.3's were pretty good for my 5,000# Lincoln with a little V6 in pure stock trim!!!

These little twin turbo V6's are a hoot, and I already know a couple Ford Flex owners that are in the 12.10's and shooting for 11's on a razor's alky kit and a tune.

I've only made a few 1/8 mile runs but my best was an 8.70. I ran a faster MPH on another run but my ET was slower.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 232
I've only made a few 1/8 mile runs but my best was an 8.70. I ran a faster MPH on another run but my ET was slower.

8.70 ! What tune?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

8.70 ! What tune?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.
Livernois V2 93 octane and a catless downpipe. My tune is now outdated. They have upgraded the tune twice but I've been too lazy to get the new improved tunes.

Before I bought my Acura I was very close to getting a used 2010 SHO. That AWD TT Ecoboost was quick man, for a big car, it really moved. Only reason I didn't get it was because it wasn't certified used and the Acura was. SHO was super nice too.....heated and cooled seats, nav, rear camera, completely loaded.

Cant believe those Ecoboost engines run on 87 and I need to put premium in my 2.5L 4cyl Acura......pisses me off.....

Only reason I didn't get it was because it wasn't certified used and the Acura was.

o_OI figure that is just something they say so they can charge you more for it. Just another gimmick as as I am concerned. sorry.
It seems that started about 20 years ago or so. One dealership could say their used car was better than the guy down the street.

A dealer certified car is eligible for factory extended warrantys whereas the private seller or independent dealer cars are not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

A dealer certified car is eligible for factory extended warrantys whereas the private seller or independent dealer cars are not.

Not taking private seller or tote the note lot, talking about new car dealers. I can remember when the so called used cars are now "certified" used cars. No wait "pre owned cars" don't use the word "Used". what a bunch of baloney.

Are you telling me that before they started calling them "certified" they were not eligible for a extended factory warranty? I don't think so. It's just another way to sell a car. Make it sound better than what it is.

It's like every time they have a sell it's the best one they have ever had. It's truck month! It is? Must be heavy on inventory. I could come up with more.

Not taking private seller or tote the note lot, talking about new car dealers. I can remember when the so called used cars are now "certified" used cars. No wait "pre owned cars" don't use the word "Used". what a bunch of baloney.

Are you telling me that before they started calling them "certified" they were not eligible for a extended factory warranty? I don't think so. It's just another way to sell a car. Make it sound better than what it is.

It's like every time they have a sell it's the best one they have ever had. It's truck month! It is? Must be heavy on inventory. I could come up with more.
Nope, because the SHO wasn't Certified Used, it didn't carry the extended warranty with it. It was basically "once the stock warranty is up you are on your own". And they wouldn't Certify it for me, which was fishy.

The Acura I ended up with was Certified Used, meaning even though it was an 09 (SHO was a '10, both only had 25k miles), I am under a NEW warranty bumper to bumper until 2017. Much longer than the Ford would have been.

From my iPhone

Nope, because the SHO wasn't Certified Used, it didn't carry the extended warranty with it. It was basically "once the stock warranty is up you are on your own". And they wouldn't Certify it for me, which was fishy.From my iPhone

I would be suspicious of that. Why would they not sell you a extended warranty? Was the asking price any cheaper since it was not a so called "certified car?

A lot of these new trucks can leave a serious hurting on most mid 80s muscle.
One would hope that a quarter century of development would yield some results. Just like when the TRs were new and they could pick on '60s muscle cars.

A car withva service history is certifiable. One without is not. Yes, they do charge you more. I dont know about ford, but in my old world thats how it worked. You still had to buy the extension....thr car was just eligible.

Riding in an F-150 Ecoboost was my inspiration to get my car back together, I had forgotten how the pull of a turbo felt. My first thought was that it felt as strong as my Buick did when it was running. In about 2 weeks the Buick was back together and to my relief it made our F-150 look like a Geo Metro. But I will say from the way the v6 Ecoboost is built it probably has more potential than the 109.