Stock fuel pressure?

Travon

87PSI
First let me say thanks to all who takes time to educate people on their TRs. I recently picked up my 87gn with 66k and im in the process of getting all the stuff i need to make her a beast. My problem at the moment is it seems that im not getting enough fuel. I put a gauge on and my reading was 31psi line on, 38 line off, also the pressure bleeds off rapidly. The po told me he replaced the fuel reg (233) a few months ago. He also replaced the chip with a stock one, haven't taken the chip out but it does have a orange sticker on it and no numbers or words. I can't see any numbers on the injectors, just a blue strip. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I'll go look but I'm pretty sure my old chip had an orange sticker on it and it was burned by Red Armstrong. It may have a number on it too. Mine said 108, I'm not sure about factory FP I have an adjustable reg.

What's the problem?

x2..... the 233 reg is properly calibrated for the stock chip.... all a 237 reg will do is drop the blms a few points due to the ecm having to compensate for the few lbs extra fuel press... do yourself a favor and buy a turbotweak chip to go with that adj. fp reg.... otherwise, what's the point?

....and make sure you verify the injectors before you order the chip.. post up a pic of them....

I was planning on buying a scan master before everything else. I will get that first and then order the chip, fpr, fuel injectors together. To aswer mikes question, rough idle and hard starts and fuel line not holding pressure. I will get some pics up tomorrow of the injectors and chip.

I was planning on buying a scan master before everything else. I will get that first and then order the chip, fpr, fuel injectors together. To aswer mikes question, rough idle and hard starts and fuel line not holding pressure. I will get some pics up tomorrow of the injectors and chip.

Good idea.... and while you wait for the scanmaster... DO NOT run the car hard.... AT ALL!!!.....

Read here.... CLOSELY.... to diagnose the fp not holding....

Fuel System Check Up

If you are going to go ahead and buy injectors, do the smart thing and order the package from Eric at TurboTweak Home.... that way you will KNOW the chip/injectors are matched.... I dunno, but he probably sells the adj. fp regulator too...

While you're at it, grab a beverage, and READ, READ, READ... EVERYTHING in the 'technical info' pulldown of the 'resources' section here:

Turbo Regal Web Site

That'll get you started... :)

Welcome to the darkside!! :cool:

Thanks for the fuel system link. I picked up the car last tues. and since its been here i haven't put ten miles on her. Knowing that its not 100% i wont drive it until then. I dont even know what the wot feels like. lol! I will get everything from Eric, i opened a account on there a few days ago with all the goodies saved. I really do appreciate all who responed. Thanks

Hey guys! I took my chip out and on the bottom it has kenny bell 9006. I know its old but i was wondering if that could cause my rough idle and late shifts. Ordered the scan master this morning from eric, looks like i will need a new chip and injectors earlier then i thought.

That chip is ancient technology.... basically altered the wastegate pw table to give a bit more boost, and advanced the timing.... both changes making the car more susceptable to knock... likely didn't change the idle characteristics of the stock chip much, if at all.... and the stock chip idles like crap...

The chip has no effect on the shifting.... if it's shifting late, it's very likely that someone has tightened up the TV cable to the trans too much... it's really easy to readjust... you just release the tab that holds the cable sleeve and slide the sleeve towards the firewall several 'clicks'), then floor the throttle hard (with the floor mat removed) to ratchet the sleeve back to the proper position.... then most of us adjust the sleeve one 'click' tighter (back towards the firewall) to firm up the shifts, 2 'clicks' max.... once you readjust it, that problem will likely be solved... here's a link with further explanation:

TV Cable System

Don't know if you need new injectors, but definitely a new chip!! Don't know what you budget or goals are, but if you just want a high 11/low 12 sec. car, you can easily achieve that with the 42.5 lb '009' injectors Eric sells, which are cheaper than the 60 lb. Mototrons.... the 60's are great injectors though, newest injector technology, and idle great, even on a bone stock car... I run the 42.5's and they idle smooth as glass, but if I wasn't real concerned about $$ and had the extra bucks, I'd probably go with the 60 lb. Motos which are good down to LOW/LOW 11's/high 10's anyway....

When i took the chip out and looked at it i knew i needed to order a new one. I already tried to adjust the tv but i left it where it was at after i floored the pedal. Will try to adjust it out another click and see what happens. I tried to upload a pic of the injectors but for some reason it didn't go through. I just want to get down to 11,0s already got a 9 sec camaro, this will be my street weapon. Hope the tv adjustment works out or its going to deltrans on monday for all the goodies. I plan on getting the 60lbs injectors, but would it be possible to get a chip now and adjust it until im able to get 60s?

Chip has to match the injector size... the KB chip is fine to roll around on for a while... just don't push it hard without the scanmaster to watch for knock... Once you get the SM, you will probably find a few issues that will need adjustment... you didn't say HOW bad it idles, but if it's terrible, it probably just needs the tps/iac adjusted, or maybe a vac leak... these cars are real sensitive to both those... SM numbers will tell....

11.0's.... def. go with the 60's....:wink:

I don't know who deltrans is.... but make SURE whoever you take it to is an EXPERT with 200R4's.... these cars are hard on tranny's, and I can't tell you how many people have spent megabux on a tranny that doesn't last... I would HIGHLY recommend you take the trans to a well respected TURBO REGAL trans expert for the rebuild.... and it will no more expensive than anyone else's... start snooping in the trans section.... there's 3 or 4 reputable builders that post there that all build 200r4's that will last in a TR.... I can't stress this enough..... the turbo torque is HELL on the trans... and the build is not the same as, say, a 5-600hp NOS smallblock monte trans.... I think Otto is close to you.... there's a couple more too....

I guess ill have to wait until the tranny gets done to do the chip and injectors. Deltrans is the closest turbo buick friendly shop to me, a couple of Magna members over on turbobuicks.com confirmed that they build these tranny as well if not better then everyone else. Otto is in Connecticut and Deltrans is in Deleware. I will be taking the car there so i won't have to take it out, or put it in.

Does anybody know what kind of injectors these are #01720ba. did search and have not been able to find them.

The injectors with the blue stripe are typically the 42.5 lb. '009's.... but not always... need a pic and see if you can find some other numbers on them..

Here's the pic of the injector Travon sent me.... looks like an 009 to me.... anyone else confirm?

Attachments

• injector.jpg
    injector.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 403