Stock Exhaust Tips...

MRW487

The GN I recently bought has Monte Carlo SS straight back "under the bumper" tail pipes. The mufflers are in great shape and sound fine so I would like to keep them installed. The pipes looks good (kind of hides out of sight with everything else black) but I would rather have the correct or close to correct angle tips. Most of what I have found locally are either straight and look cheap or not the correct diameter and still look kind of cheap. Any suggestions on where to buy or do I need my mechanic to do some fabrication work? Thanks

Last edited:
I haven't found anyone (or company) that sells the tailpipes separately. There are universal tailpipes around, but haven't found any specific to our cars.

RemoveBeforeFlight

These cars had pipes exiting behind rear tires with slight angle tips, may have to cut & section some pieces to get this. A good exhaust person will know what to do, have a picture with you when meeting with them. Not a hard project !!

Just got back from the shop.... one of my mufflers starting to separate....gonna get the correct system so I will have the correct tail pipes now. Any suggestions on brand? Pypes or Walker?

Look at RJC's site, they have a beautiful flow thru 1 muffler design......................

Just ordered the correct Pypes SGG50R system from Summit Racing. Thanks for all the info guys.

Also...any particular product I can use to keep the tail pipes looking good?

I would think any aluminum polish you can buy from your local parts store would do the job. Mothers, Eagle etc.

The Walker Exhaust is almost 100% to factory. I actually found a NOS muffler and bought the walker tail pipes and y pipe and they were a spot on match for the factory exhaust.