Still having start issues

Jawbone

Confused
Somebody out here has to be able to help me . the car doesnt want to stay running when cold the belt squeals smokes alot and engine jumps unless i rev it at high rpms for a couple of minutes then it will stay running .

Somebody out here has to be able to help me . the car doesnt want to stay running when cold the belt squeals smokes alot and engine jumps unless i rev it at high rpms for a couple of minutes then it will stay running .

Well, you are not giving us much to work with here. The belt is probably the tensioner or the belt or the alt. Smoke? from where? What color? Not running right? What are your scan tool numbers? You do have a scanmaster, right? What mods does the car have?

I agree he doesn't give enough info. However, I'll take a stab at it. My 86 GN with 26k miles still has the stock chip, doesn't idle worth a damn. TPS is .42 and IAC is around 30-40. You might want to upgrade your chip, or check your iac numbers on your scan tool if you have one.

Ok sorry guys i upgraded ecu tt chip module coil and lt1 maf with translator also xp fuel pump and adjustable regulator . the start issue didnt start until i did all this but in the midst of doin i didnt know that i needed an adapter for the module and i plugged stock harness in and smoked the crank position sensor. Also car pings when i step on the gas hard like it has low octane gas but i put 93 in it. As for the smoke it comes out of the exhaust and its white It almost seens like its not running on all cylinders now if i rev it to like 3000 it revs good and it wont stay running till car heats up . No i dont have a scan tool .

Ok sorry guys i upgraded ecu tt chip module coil and lt1 maf with translator also xp fuel pump and adjustable regulator . the start issue didnt start until i did all this but in the midst of doin i didnt know that i needed an adapter for the module and i plugged stock harness in and smoked the crank position sensor. Also car pings when i step on the gas hard like it has low octane gas but i put 93 in it. As for the smoke it comes out of the exhaust and its white It almost seens like its not running on all cylinders now if i rev it to like 3000 it revs good and it wont stay running till car heats up . No i dont have a scan tool .

Jawbone, your pinging is air/fuel ratio, which I suspect is also the reason for the poor running condition. Remember "low octane" can be from enough fuel with low octane or just not enough fuel. First thing that I would do without having all the information that you need to pinpoint a problem is "undo" some of what you've done. Can you change the MAF set-up back to stock. When you make that many changes at once it is very difficult to figure out what is causing the problem, or if it is a combo of two or more problems. The fact that it runs better when warm leads me to believe the MAF is the root of your problems. I'm pretty sure the belt squeal is unrelated to the other problems. As mentioned above, it is likely the a pulley, alt. or ac. If your smoke is really "white" that is usually water or coolant, unlikely unless something more serious happened like a head gasket etc. More likely it is light gray which is unburned fuel, again goes back to air/fuel mixture. Try the above and report back. A diagnostic tool such as a scanmaster would be very helpful in determining exactly what is causing the mixture to be wrong.

What adapter for what module? And are you getting boost spike causing your car to detonate? or is it pinging before the boost even builds up? Does it continue to smoke and after it warms up? Get yourself a scanmaster i just did and it was $ money well spent...Mine runs like crap when its cold too but it straightens out after it warms up...