sticky lifter?

Black_shadow

yeah im new
When i first start up my car (86 gn) i get a knock for about 2 seconds then when ever it warms up and is running warm it will start to knock and then go away at random and some times it will do it for a really long time and sometimes its justfor a couple seconds then slowly fades away. What could this be?

I have a similar problem....Anyone have any suggestions any help at all would be greatly appreciated? Mine only does it once in a while:confused:

Use a good oil fliter,I like the wix short version.:)Use 10/w30 or higher depending on mileage.I like the brad Penn stuff my self:cool:.Many opinions on oil:eek:.Change oil frequently.:cool:

Kevin

Sounds like the Anti Drainback valve in the filter isn't working. You don't by chance have a fram on there do you.

After replacing the valve springs, lifters, pushrods, roller cam, & timing chain, my GN had a lot of false knock due to noisy lifters, the engine sounded like a sewing machine. We tried different length pushrods but that did not help. Just today, I did an oil change and threw in a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil and the noise went away, so did the knock. Also I'm noticing a lot more power from the engine, I guess I had a sticky lifter that finally released.

MMO has quietened coutless lifters in cars over the years that i have had. I had a 460 in a Lincoln once it was clanking BAAAD. MMO to the resue

do you put the MMO in place of a quart of oil and drive like normal or do you have to do an oil change before the normal time?

do you put the MMO in place of a quart of oil and drive like normal or do you have to do an oil change before the normal time?

My GN was due for an oil change and I put the MMO in place of one quart of oil but found I was low by about 1/2 quart so I added another 1/2 quart of oil afterwards. It was a shot in the dark for me but it worked.

Yes sub a qt at the oil change. Its written on teh can/bottle what to do.

Good practice to use it once a year any way IMO

MMO is GREAT STUFF:cool:, I always advise anybody to use it. Glad to see I'm not the only TR member using this:cool:

I buy the big bottle, Half in oil half in gas. When i had crankcase pressure build up(soaked breather)oil soaked plugs,carb build up to the max. I changed back to stock breather system(to intake pipe) Used a bottle of MMO in oil and fuel. After about 20mins idling nothing but black smoke, it cleared up and all went back to normal.