Steve Hurst

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Guy's,

I figure most everyone here knows Steve Hurst from the BGNRA. What you may not have heard is that Steve has been diagnosed with stomach cancer and is in the hospital. I spoke to him earlier today and he sounds like he's in good spirits. He went on to tell me that the tumor can't be surgically removed and that he will be starting chemotherapy and radiation in the next few weeks.

Despite the differences we've had over the years and no matter what your opinion is, Steve is still a Buick guy and has done a lot for the Turbo Buick community over the last several decades. I'm going to include his cell phone # in hopes that some of you might take the time to call and wish him well.

(714) 496-7032

Thanks

Neal

All the best to Steve

here's hoping you can beat this,
all differences aside, were cheering for you Steve!

Steve,

I wish you all the best and most importantly a speedy recovery. Take care, relax and if you need anything....please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ray

Despite the differences we've had over the years and no matter what your opinion is, Steve is still a Buick guy and has done a lot for the Turbo Buick community over the last several decades. ........Neal

You are very right Neal, it was Steve that organized the first turbo Buick event and race in Las Vegas at the then almost new facility called "The Strip". :)

I remember that event like yesterday, and the winner and runner up both have passed due to cancer.

He is a great promoter of turbo Buicks and has made many others aware of the awesome capability of turbo Buick performance.

I wish Steve and his family the very best, and hope he is able to soon participate again with us.

Best wishes Steve, thanks for all the get togethers over the years... they're hard to organize with this crowd. :)

hope you get well soon steve, you were very helpful to me when i first got into the g.n. scene, thank you !

Guy's,

I got a phone message from Steve on my answering machine. He wanted to thank you all for your warm wishes but isn't allowed on the board. It seems he was banned earlier in the year for getting into it with some other board members. Who'd of thought? ;) Anyway, he wanted me to say "Thanks" on his behalf to those who have posted and those that have contacted him also.

Neal

Steve,
Hope your on the road to recovery soon. Take care.

Mike Barnard

Nick while I wish Steve all the best. But for the record it was Tom Robinson that bank rolled the first turbo Buick event & took a loss of 10k. He later quit the BGNRA that his enthusiasm helped create & it was never the same again. It is to him that is owed the most credit to for that event. I was there & remember all the details.

Nick while I wish Steve all the best. But for the record it was Tom Robinson that bank rolled the first turbo Buick event & took a loss of 10k. He later quit the BGNRA that his enthusiasm helped create & it was never the same again. It is to him that is owed the most credit to for that event. I was there & remember all the details.

Yes Lou, I remember more details as well even though Steve did lots of the promotion work which he a good at doing. :)

Guy's,

I got a phone message from Steve on my answering machine. He wanted to thank you all for your warm wishes but isn't allowed on the board. It seems he was banned earlier in the year for getting into it with some other board members. Who'd of thought? ;) Anyway, he wanted me to say "Thanks" on his behalf to those who have posted and those that have contacted him also.

Neal

No he wasn't banned for getting into it with some board members. He was banned for going off like I haven't seen in a while on Gary and then me... He has sent me quite a few "live" emails LOL!

He recently sent one asking to be unbanned so he could reply to this thread. I GLADLY did it, warned him nicely, and wished him the best... I also said if he couldn't get on the site to let me know, I have yet to hear from him... He should be able to post...

Mr. Hurst, I do wish you the best and hope for a speedy recovery....

Shane, you are a class act!

We are very fortunate to have you as CEO of this board, thanks for all you do for us. :)

Thanks guys! I try to do the right thing, not always "right" but try...