Steadfast Column Protection Easy to You Guys?

Torx

Im in the process of securing my regal before doing further custom work.

So one of my neccessites on the list is the steadfast.

So i go to town on it yesterday, repaint the steering column, and proceed to put it on.

I swear, it was a BITCH! to align and put on, i scratched the hell out of everything. So i got smart and used duct tape to prevent scratching. After about several attempts of taking it all off and putting back on for alignment and straigtening i finnally got it all secured.

I swear, as much as i beat on the column with a hammer yesterday, im surprised its still functional. Sheesh

So now i gotta do some black touchup paint on scuff marks and whatnot.

Just wanted to vent some late anger, and wanted to know how everyone elses worked out.

Oh, and are the 4 little stud thingies supposed to go all the way in as in, flush? All of mine are sticking out about a millimeter or half a millimeter.

Those stud things are suppose to stick out a little.Put the black sticker over it to give a finished look.

Originally posted by Torx
Im in the process of securing my regal before doing further custom work.

So one of my neccessites on the list is the steadfast.

So i go to town on it yesterday, repaint the steering column, and proceed to put it on.

I swear, it was a BITCH! to align and put on, i scratched the hell out of everything. So i got smart and used duct tape to prevent scratching. After about several attempts of taking it all off and putting back on for alignment and straigtening i finnally got it all secured.

I swear, as much as i beat on the column with a hammer yesterday, im surprised its still functional. Sheesh

So now i gotta do some black touchup paint on scuff marks and whatnot.

Just wanted to vent some late anger, and wanted to know how everyone elses worked out.

Oh, and are the 4 little stud thingies supposed to go all the way in as in, flush? All of mine are sticking out about a millimeter or half a millimeter.

Ya, those Steadfast collars are a genuine piece of crap. Hard to install, NOT at all secure. The key thingy they give you is just as easy to punch as the plactic piece you have to break to remove.

:mad: :mad:

are you serious?

and why did the thread get moved?
i had to search for my own damn thread.