Starting to mod

Mattzoom

ok I have a stock 87 Gn that im going to start doing some bolt-ons to, what are some cheap mods that really wake up these cars??? I already have a chip in it but thats about it. Nothing to serious just looking for bolt-ons. :D

Alky kit. I could never floor it until I got the kit. With 91 Octane in SD you'll need it.

x2 on the alky, but you really should get a scanmaster to go with it....nothing wakes up our cars faster than more boost :biggrin:

ok thanks, I was also thinkning maybe a nice Cold air intake, bigger fuel lines, bigger downpipe?, mmhh what else? haha

how much do the alky kits go for?

ok thanks, I was also thinkning maybe a nice Cold air intake, bigger fuel lines, bigger downpipe?, mmhh what else? haha

What are your performance goals?

You don't need bigger fuel lines yet.

nuthing to big jus a little faster so i can keep up with my buddies and have a lil more fun haha

An alky kit will run about 500 +/-, cold air intake isn't a bad idea since they are pretty cheap, definetly don't need to worry about fuel lines for a while, all and all there is no better bang for your buck than alky...go with razors as they have the least amount of problems and the customer service is top notch if you run into problems http://alkycontrol.com/ GET THE SCANMASTER...MUCH CHEAPER THAN REBUILDING AN ENGINE...you should do the scanmaster before anything else because there is no sense in modifying your car if it isn't running right to begin with...you will probably want to get a chip for the alky too

ok so the turbo tweak chip in it would have to be replaced? and it was recently tuned and is actually running quite well

Thanks for the info, but the link doesent work for me

ok so the turbo tweak chip in it would have to be replaced? and it was recently tuned and is actually running quite well

Thanks for the info, but the link doesent work for me

go 2 the home page here and click on razors alky.u can sent the chip back to turbo tweak to upgrade its about $30 or so less i believe (could be mistaken) so he can add the alky and higher timing to it. and for mods i suggest scanmasrer,upgrade downpipe,cold air intake,alky and better life insurance:D

Might look into a hot wire kit and a new fuel pump (if you are still running the original one) alky, scanmaster, a TW chip and maybe a downpipe - exhaust will work. If it were me, before I ordered the chip I would look for some 36# injectors. This is the setup that I run in my '76,000 mile '86. I also upgraded the turbo to billet that is slightly larger then stock.
Jeff